Mycorrhizal?

I started using Great White and it contains lots of different mycorrhizal bugs. What a difference in roots that has made. I used to have these 3-3 1/2 footers with a root ball that could fit in two hands but now the roots fill the pots and the plants are 5-6 footers. And thats in 15 gallon pots. Bigger plants, more roots and more weed. I also do several transplants so roots keep having room to expand. I beleive in organic so use no chemicals to kill off the healthy bugs in your soil. I use Roots Organic soil and the Fox Farm line even though the Tiger Bloom is not pure organic but I only use it in early flower and lightly.

I started using Great White and it contains lots of different mycorrhizal bugs. What a difference in roots that has made. I used to have these 3-3 1/2 footers with a root ball that could fit in two hands but now the roots fill the pots and the plants are 5-6 footers. And thats in 15 gallon pots. Bigger plants, more roots and more weed. I also do several transplants so roots keep having room to expand. I beleive in organic so use no chemicals to kill off the healthy bugs in your soil. I use Roots Organic soil and the Fox Farm line even though the Tiger Bloom is not pure organic but I only use it in early flower and lightly.

None of their nute line is organic........

the dry nutes under their Peace-of-Mind banner is though....

The bat guano is, but it is bat shit how hard could it be??? The peace of Mind is dry nutes, and we both know he wasn't talking about them as he did mention Tiger bloom.... ;)

The bat guano is, but it is bat shit how hard could it be??? The peace of Mind is dry nutes, and we both know he wasn't talking about them as he did mention Tiger bloom.... ;)

I hear ya, I just like to let people know about that product line because it is really easy to use and is quality ferts. They contain the mycorrhizae and humic acid. I really like using it to brew the fert tea with.:peace:

I just bought some Rootgrow (UK brand), a 150 g pack of mycorrhizal inoculant and I'm wondering if the best way is to add it to my soil mix or use it in a tea? I have a lot of organic stuff in my soil, so feel a colony of fungi added early might benefit my plants the best. Does someone know the proportions?

Man i gotta say i am loving this organic part of the forum, havn't seen too much organic action on this site i must have been in the wrong place lol... well to add something to convo when it comes to organics there is almost no liquid nutes that 100% natural, although the base of these nutes is organic there are synthetic cheletating acids that the companies use for "proper" uptake of the goods in the liquid, these acids kill your micro life on contact just like chlorine or terrible PH water does.

so i say if you wanna stay as organic as possible "UNLESS" you have the gumption to call the company and figure out how organic their line is 90% of the time they will really tell you if you call them, stick to dry nute's a brand called Down to Earth is my favorite and very easy to get where im from and in combination of FFOF soil they work great.

and always remember a little bit goes A LONG way in organic, if you wanna feed your little beasties do it slow dont bomb your plant expecting great things.

oh oh oh and if your not... use mollasas, and i agree with what gold country had to say about transplanting make sure that if you are gonna use mychorzia to give your plant ample transplanting space i have some plants that the moment they get root bound when using the mychorzia they get sick...

I'm gonna use only a bit of myco- to check the effect on rooting first :)

I'm gonna use only a bit of myco- to check the effect on rooting first :)

You might want to do a bit more reading on mycorrhizae. Since it grows on and sometimes in the roots and not real fast at that, the effects on initial rooting might be minimal.

You may be better served using kelp for rooting.

I'm only working with clones and apply the myco when I transplant the rooted clone into soil.

With seeds, I would apply from the start,

DD

I will apply when putting them in soil. Not too much, jus a bit under the surface :bong:

I will apply when putting them in soil. Not too much, jus a bit under the surface :bong:

That's all that's needed.

The ones that call for more than one application is just the old "rinse and repeat" deal to get you to use it up faster and buy more.

DD

I might have checked that earlier, but I don't think so. Small amount of myco should basically grow nicely in organic compost slowly adjoining the roots helping with nutrients uptake, shouldn't it.

What's up guys. I dunno if you're still monitoring this thread, but I'd love a little advice if you are.
I have five ten day old seedlings in a basic soil blend, planted for the time being in 3x3 peat pots. While at the local gardeners' I found a little container of RO "Oregonism" which is apparently a blend of myco awesomeness. Question being, should I mix up a liquid application per their recommendation right now, or just hold off and apply it when I transplant in a few weeks?
Thanks for any assist.

Back
Top Bottom