Mysterious Holes Appearing

I am very aware of pest management as I owned a general contracting and pest control company for almost 15 years. Before that, I ran a pest control route for a company not to be name here, but for 5 years I killed some bugs while I was in college for a computer science degree.. lol. The company starts with T and ends with X, so yea. I have some background. I am also aware of some pests ability to hibernate. Flies and fleas come to mind specifically, since eggs from both species can lay dormant, fleas for up to 7+ years! They wait for vibrations in ground movements thinking there might be something to bite. Mites, aphids and others all fall into this category. Temperature and activity usually factor into the eggs hatching. Most people bring all of their pest problems home with them! Grocery stores and nurseries(and bagged soil from anywhere) have the highest blame.

I'm not trying to one up you at all, you have made solid points across the board. I just want the dude to have an organic solution if he finds a nibbler. I'd prefer that than to spray anything I am gonna smoke or eat with fipronal(my go to for ants) or something similar.

Much respect, reading your grow journal now @moderngroroom

I am very aware of pest management as I owned a general contracting and pest control company for almost 15 years. Before that, I ran a pest control route for a company not to be name here, but for 5 years I killed some bugs while I was in college for a computer science degree.. lol. The company starts with T and ends with X, so yea. I have some background. I am also aware of some pests ability to hibernate. Flies and fleas come to mind specifically, since eggs from both species can lay dormant, fleas for up to 7+ years! They wait for vibrations in ground movements thinking there might be something to bite. Mites, aphids and others all fall into this category. Temperature and activity usually factor into the eggs hatching. Most people bring all of their pest problems home with them! Grocery stores and nurseries(and bagged soil from anywhere) have the highest blame.

I'm not trying to one up you at all, you have made solid points across the board. I just want the dude to have an organic solution if he finds a nibbler. I'd prefer that than to spray anything I am gonna smoke or eat with fipronal(my go to for ants) or something similar.

Much respect, reading your grow journal now @moderngroroom

Much respect to you, You not bothering me in anyway shape or form i like converstaion its knowledgeable.. yes organic sprays are good but by far they dont have the science behind them to be effective.. to me spraying soap rather it be organic or not isnt something i want to comsume in my lungs if you have pest in the garden there are ways different types of ways to adjust the climate and apply traps before grabbing a spray bottle and spraying leafs there are products that are organic to amend the soil so on and so fourth the list continues im saying mostly people want a quick fix by spraying there leafs which plants take in anything you spray on them as food. Specially using soap can and will block the stomata of a cannabis leaf which is basically there intakes of CO2.. happens all the time sprays for pest rather it be organic or synthetic are not good for you or the plant.. thanks buddy

Brother, look up castile soap. I'm not telling him to mix Dawn dish soap :)

so people don't have to look it up, it's basically tea tree oil.

Brother, look up castile soap. I'm not telling him to mix Dawn dish soap :)

so people don't have to look it up, it's basically tea tree oil.
Its a soap tho my friend which clog up the somata of the cannabis leaf.. look up how stomatas work and how there vital to plant life and castle soap has a chemical called sodium hydroxide which isnt harmful to human inless mixed with other constituents.. most people who spray there cannabis with so called organic pesticides have problems later on in there plant lifes im not trying to be a smart ass or anything or try in act like i know everything im a friend with you buddy trust me but research research research.. research in learn about stomatas im sure they dont like peppers in there tissues lol

I am growing fond of you @moderngroroom. You challenge me to think and read more. Let me quote several wikipedias on organic castile soaps. "Although Castile soap requires lye (potassium hydroxide) as an ingredient in its creation, a process called saponification converts the lye and vegetable oils into a new compound, resulting in a lye-free end product." - thus organic.

edit: sodium hydroxide is another common formula name for lye

I feel like we should make a new thread so we can argue and love and stop hijacking this poor guys thread lol.

I feel like we should make a new thread so we can argue and love and stop hijacking this poor guys thread lol.
Its not hijacking lol its us having a conversation his thread title is still popping up everytime were having a conversation so hes getting published by us for free.. just if you like to subliminal spray your babies.. but no harm no foul im actually ending here myself lol

I feel like I'm in the middle of the will ferrell movie, Step-Bothers...Did we just become best friends?!?!

Its not hijacking lol its us having a conversation his thread title is still popping up everytime were having a conversation so hes getting published by us for free.. just if you like to subliminal spray your babies.. but no harm no foul im actually ending here myself lol

You were definitely not hijacking my thread, I really enjoyed the discussion! I found it to be very insightful and helpful! I love this forum for that exact reason, many peoples opinions and input, crowd sourcing information is a powerful thing. You've helped put my mind at ease because I always seem to assume the worst. My roommate wanted to spray them with neem oil right away so I'm glad we waited and came here first. The tent is in his room so once he is awake I will check the plants and update here if there is any change, if not I'm guessing @moderngroroom was correct when he said a pinhole will become a marble as the leaf grows. That alone was very insightful. So thank you!

You were definitely not hijacking my thread, I really enjoyed the discussion! I found it to be very insightful and helpful! I love this forum for that exact reason, many peoples opinions and input, crowd sourcing information is a powerful thing. You've helped put my mind at ease because I always seem to assume the worst. My roommate wanted to spray them with neem oil right away so I'm glad we waited and came here first. The tent is in his room so once he is awake I will check the plants and update here if there is any change, if not I'm guessing @moderngroroom was correct when he said a pinhole will become a marble as the leaf grows. That alone was very insightful. So thank you!

No problem, these plants are resilient, they will suprise you everytime you think there done and cant live on!! trust me these canna plants are very very hard to kill more you grow the more youll realize this which is a learning curve. Take your fall downs during a grow , document it and figure out which ways help you in which ways didnt.. iv have this happen all the time on my leafs in was in your shoes till i realized i was the problem to my own stressing lol..
And yes a pin hole from a youth leaf will die out a little bit and when the leafs grow the hole expands like stretching elastic.. and yes never spray your plants there no science behind it being benificial id rather use a shop vac and soil admendments before spraying my leafs with something in which they breath threw called stomata its kinda like sticking duct tape on your mouth its not going to look good in about 2 days when your nose gets clogged with boogers and you cant breath at all.. there are millions of ways to rid bugs then giving up hope and spraying organic or synthetic products on your canna..

And qoute me anytime i dont mind to help you iv helped 3 growers bring there crops back from the lowest to he highest and them being able to grow happily again, members Rrand1990, MDR, and much more.. your welcome glad i could give you some insight!!

Yeah after checking the plants there hasn't been any noticeable change and it doesn't appear to be spreading. Crisis adverted it seems. @moderngroroom Feel free to pop by my grow journal if you're curious how everything turns out!
Ill b checking in forsure im always all over the place

Back
Top Bottom