Mysterious Holes Appearing

Gimik

Hi everybody,

I woke up and checked on the plants like I do every morning and discovered several mysterious holes on one of the plants. It seems to be only just the one plant effected by these random holes. I checked all over the plant and under the leaves and was unable to find any sort of pest -- I couldn't find anything at all in fact.

Humidity has been in the mid-high 70%s could this perhaps be the cause? Or at least making something worse?
Please let me know your ideas because at this point I'm just watching the plants in hopes more of these holes dont appear. Will have to spray with Neem Oil if they continue to show up.
20190103_104235.jpg

20190103_104405.jpg

Hmm IDK. I do have the thermometer hanging from a ratchet rope it may have swung into the plant?

I suppose my main concern was that it was the symptoms of some sort of pest/insect going to town on the leaves. Are pests something I could see with my naked eye or would I need a magnifying glass to really see?

I get these mystery holes too. I have noticed it every now and again for the past month or more. Just a little hole here and there. Not perfect circles either. No pest to be found in my garden either. I told the plants to knock it off! so will see if they listen. lol

I'm new with cannabis growing and it's way too cold here to support pests of any kind this time of year, but those holes remind me of pest problems I have had on my pepper and tomato leaves every year. I can never identify the insect, but I looked into similar issues and found a few recipes online.. some work better than others. The holes usually start on one plant and then spread to others over time. I'm not saying this is what you're problem is, but they look eerily familiar. This is the recipe I use on my garden plants when I have shown problems similar to what you're showing. I've had scary good results and I usually mix it up as a precautionary measure and spray before I see problems now. It's 100% organic.

• Mix together 1 tsp of castile soap with 1 quart of warm water.
  • Fill a clean spray bottle with the mixture and shake.
  • Add ½ tsp cayenne pepper and shake again. I also like to add a little bit of ground cloves, since it's an excellent fly deterrent.
edit, I should add that the cloves make it smell nice too lol.

Pests never take just one bite - if you find more holes in the morning,you need to take a closer look...

If not,just chalk it up to "weird $hit plants do when you're not looking"

Guys these holes are formed from when the plants are younger a pin hole will become a marbal size as the leaf grows could be caused by anything you touching or picking pot up and your finger snags a leaf the little tare will be a big tare so on and so fourth this happens all the time you could of had a bug bite it ONE BUG YOU couldnt see..
If it keeps accuring on new leafs then yes you have a problem as of now know your fine as long as you dont see bugs with naked eye or and microscope..

I'm new with cannabis growing and it's way too cold here to support pests of any kind this time of year, but those holes remind me of pest problems I have had on my pepper and tomato leaves every year. I can never identify the insect, but I looked into similar issues and found a few recipes online.. some work better than others. The holes usually start on one plant and then spread to others over time. I'm not saying this is what you're problem is, but they look eerily familiar. This is the recipe I use on my garden plants when I have shown problems similar to what you're showing. I've had scary good results and I usually mix it up as a precautionary measure and spray before I see problems now. It's 100% organic.

• Mix together 1 tsp of castile soap with 1 quart of warm water.
  • Fill a clean spray bottle with the mixture and shake.
  • Add ½ tsp cayenne pepper and shake again. I also like to add a little bit of ground cloves, since it's an excellent fly deterrent.
edit, I should add that the cloves make it smell nice too lol.
It is never to cold for bugs my friend and i wouldnt treat cannabis plants with pest control products or home made remedies until i had seen a bug with my eyes or specially under a microscope.. but to say to cold for bugs is incorrect my friend specially

Do not follow this recipe specially if you dont see any pest at all holes in leafs are caused by number of things aphids russets they all can withdtand cold temps pretty good

I have lost entire tomato plants to tomato hornworms. It's scary how you can spend an hour looking at a plant and miss the 3 inch worm sitting on a stem. Just saying, that just because you can't find a pest doesn't mean there isn't one there. I agree with @moderngroroom. If they keep happening and you haven't touched anything, look deeper.

I should note, I am not advising to spray anything if there is no problem. I was just giving an organic pest spray that should work for most pests. Figure out your problem before you take any action.

@moderngroroom As for never being too cold for pests, you've never lived where the daily high is 4 degrees in the winter and the summer high is 106. Deserts make for a scary combination. Inside yes, pests are possible, just highly unlikely in my environment this time of year.

I have lost entire tomato plants to tomato hornworms. It's scary how you can spend an hour looking at a plant and miss the 3 inch worm sitting on a stem. Just saying, that just because you can't find a pest doesn't mean there isn't one there. I agree with @moderngroroom. If they keep happening and you haven't touched anything, look deeper.

Thanks buddy correct!! This isnt a problem when its on one leaf when the new growth becomes problematic then it is something to be worried about

I should note, I am not advising to spray anything if there is no problem. I was just giving an organic pest spray that should work for most pests. Figure out your problem before you take any action.

@moderngroroom As for never being too cold for pests, you've never lived where the daily high is 4 degrees in the winter and the summer high is 106. Deserts make for a scary combination. Inside yes, pests are possible, just highly unlikely in my environment this time of year.

Yes buddy true but insects that attack and kill your cannabis plants live in your home regardless most are microscopic and specially aphids they are insects ,insects hybernate in cold climates once woke by a temp change they are on the run and most pest are brought into your grow space by shoes and clothing im sure you dont live in a cubby hole my friend and your body temp stays a constant 98.6.. perfect temp for insects

Back
Top Bottom