Nate's Second Grow - Nirvana Medusa with 1200W of PlatinumLED

NateToke

Hello everyone. Time to start my second grow journal!

I am growing Nirvana Meduda. These will be my first photo grow. They will veg in 1200 watts of pure PlatinumLED love (2 300's and 1 600). I only have two 300's right now but the 600 is on order and will go in the veg tent for now. I plan on ordering a second 600. When the second 600 arrives I will move the two 300's to a dedicated flower tent and set the two 600's up in a bigger, 4x4 dedicated veg tent. The veg tent will have 4 - 8 autos and 2- 4 photos at all times. Want to try to run a perpetual grow featuring a rotation of quicker autos with some longer flowering photos all going at the same time.

Lets get the details out of the way...

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Nirvana website states this is a hybrid, but online reviews indicate it is Sativa heavy. Will find out as they grow...
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Going into second week of true veg. Will explain with pictures below.
If in Veg... For how long? Second week
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? FFOF base with some added Azomite, EWC, and myco spores. First time playing with the additions and I am curious what they will do.
If soil... What size pot? 3 gallon right now. Want to move to 5 gallons before I flip. Have never transplanted from a 3 gallon to a 5 gallon and we will see how that goes.
Size of light? As previously stated, currently under 2 300W PlatinumLED. Will add a third 600W when it arrives. Currently back ordered.
Is it aircooled? Aircooled. I need to add air circulation and carbon filter system. Will be my next additional after my second tent and second P600W
Temp of Room/cab? Currently in a 4x4 tent and sharing it with three seedlings (transplanted today, will start that log next week), two bubba cheese that are under a week from harvest, and three lowryder/cheese that are two weeks from harvest. Have four more seedlings waiting on room in the tent.
RH of Room/cab? Varies with water. Currently around 30%. Never lower than 30, rarely higher than 50.
PH of media or res? FFOF with additives is around 6.8
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? Every 4-5 days as needed. Using the weight and knuckle methods to determine when they are ready to drink.
Type and strength of ferts used? No ferts yet. Will start them on a weak FFOF mixture (between 1/3 and 1/4 strength) at around the fourth week of veg or when they show signs of needing it, whichever comes last.

These babies had a very interesting childhood. My local organic garden shop was out of FFOF so I used Kellogg's Patio Plus from Home Depot. I previously researched this soil blend and it had some solid reviews online so I felt good proceeding. I am not sure what happened by the seeds just hated the Kellogg's. They started off great, but after a week they started going downhill. After two weeks I thought they were not going to make it, but I transplanted to doctored FFOF to see if they would help and the change was immediate. I should have looked at this closer, but the soil around the roots was very airy and had massive voids. The roots exposed to air in the voids did not look healthy at all. I can only assume I did not pack the soil into the starter party cup well enough and things were just too lose down there.

This first two pictures are from week one. Everything looks good at this point. I learned that I need to bury the Jiffy Pot a liltte deeper, but after this experience I am no longer using Jiffy Pots to start my seeds. I used 4" cow pots for the seeds I just started and thought they did great, so 4" cow pots with FFOF is my new starter medium.

Week1a2.JPG

Week17.JPG

Next picture is from week 2 when they started looking sick. Any comments on what might have caused this are appreciated.

Week210.JPG

Last picture is as of just a few minutes ago. Whatever is wrong they have moved past it with a vengeance!

03092015bc.JPG

With the exception of the initial seedling problem, I am very happy with this grow so far. One seedling is a few inches taller than her sister, but they both have damn near identical structure after that. Plan on topping once if not twice. First top will happen in about a week. Also thinking about fluxing these ladies but for my first photo, I might just go with some good old fashioned LST and be happy with the learning process.

Thoughts, comments, questions, and pretty much anything else is expected and appreciated.

Nate

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom