Need a little guidance.

SparQz

Ok so I'm wanting to build a grow cabinet and I have this dual layer bar that I have come into possession of that I want to convert. I am planning on just using CFL's and have a lighting fixture I plan on using for it.. What else am I gonna need I am gonna be using a bubbler hydro set up. Any tips on what kinda stuff I should be using?

done hydro before ? look at lower wattage CMH ballasts and bulbs 2 150 watt cmh can give 20-30 thousand lumens in a small cab with good vent and few heat probs and the spectra is a nice mix like both hps and mh together just a thought look at tubular 65-105 watt cfls longer loop tube bulb not spiral more sufaceof bulb emitting to plant directly than spirals
4 of those staggered oposite each other across the top of two walls the longer is better in a small cab should give a fairly uniform lumen flux density of micro einstein or photon impact average enough fancy language and tossing mixed units out there to confuse folks simple language more than enough even light through the whole grow area for a 2x 3or4 foot foot print
5 65 watters CFLs about 23-26 thousand lumens 400 watt mh about 30-35 thousand lumens maybe 40 k new cfl total watts 325 so 6 -65 watt CFLs doing 4000 lumens is about
three quarters the output of a 400 MH bulb and two thirds or so
a HPS 400 and draws 450- 500 watts but lots less heat have done light meter with new bulb before and check bulb output regularly so ballparks are in median range most outputs
normal power situations pompous today i guess.... but any how 2- 150 watt CMH OR MH OR hps bulb is about = to 6-65 watt CFLs and both those options are between 2/3 and 3/4 the outputs of a 400 watt MH/HPS either or system for comparison thinking but the 2 150 watt CMH cooled be cooled nicely by a pair of evercool pcac 's [squirrel cage micro blower fan for computers, under 20$] for each blub with 12 volt computer or automotive fans as in/out blowers and all run off a motorcycle battery charger.
add darkroom vent for ports and your'estealthy if theresa cover for the fan noise 24 /7 ie fointain mister waterfall etc plus allof these generate - -ions and neg ions help hide eat smells
ozone is better but dryer sheets in darkroom vents works pretty good for DIY ...... hope this inspires helps...

I guess I should have mentioned it's not a very big cabinet probably stands 4 feet tall total split into 2 compartments top and bottom. I could take shelf out i spose and just have a few at at time. No I haven't done hydroponics before. But I have had a small mycology experience. Also very smart with electronics, technical things.

hi every1,im new to this growing green,ive just cropped and ive a bag full of leaves.can u dry them out an smoke them?????

hi every1,im new to this growing green,ive just cropped and ive a bag full of leaves.can u dry them out an smoke them?????

:welcome: most people use leaves to make hash, there isn't a big amount of thc in the leaves
:peace:

haha ya thats a lot of work... not that i know of sorry :peace:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi lads new arrival here help needed:::::i just got a 75x75x200 budbox,i got a 400w light wi a parlux ballast,4" VENTS extractor wi carbon filter on suck end,flexi pipe on blow end stickin out of top vent.wen the extractor is on its sucks the tent sides in is this ok.or do i need to turn extractor down if so how do i turn it down(weres the switch).also is the ballast box ok to stay in the tent while light on.(went in tent an ballast box wa hot).any help or pics would be great lads cheers

Back
Top Bottom