Need help: pH at 7.5 can't control it: Help!

nothinbtgreen

doing a DWC/ CFL grow. (4 gallon reservoir) 4 plants, still within first 2 weeks of VEG. they were doing fine but then my bottom leaves started to turn yellow and die! from what ive read im thinking its a N def. Finally got a pH meter / test kit and sure enough my ph is WAY to high. ive added quiet alot of ph down but its not having much affect :(
Also it seems like my plants have stopped growing vertically. seems like they should be taller by now.

PLEASE HELP. ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN GIVE WOULD BE AWESOME, HELP OUT A NEWBIE TRYING LEARN!

grow311.jpg

grow53.jpg

I'm on only on my 3rd hydro grow & ph has always been an important issue. I've learned to check it several times a day because in my case it goes up at an incredible rate when plants are in flower. So just make sure your meter is calibrated correctly and use as much ph down as you need. I buy it at hydro stores or online. I understand it's also available at pool supply stores.

Good luck from another newbie. :thumb:

I'm on only on my 3rd hydro grow & ph has always been an important issue. I've learned to check it several times a day because in my case it goes up at an incredible rate when plants are in flower. So just make sure your meter is calibrated correctly and use as much ph down as you need. I buy it at hydro stores or online. I understand it's also available at pool supply stores.

Good luck from another newbie. :thumb:

I think I waited to long to fix the ph. I have it under control now but it seems like my plants are still going down hill:(
Fuuuckkk

doing a DWC/ CFL grow. (4 gallon reservoir) 4 plants, still within first 2 weeks of VEG. they were doing fine but then my bottom leaves started to turn yellow and die! from what ive read im thinking its a N def. Finally got a pH meter / test kit and sure enough my ph is WAY to high. ive added quiet alot of ph down but its not having much affect :(
Also it seems like my plants have stopped growing vertically. seems like they should be taller by now.

PLEASE HELP. ANY INFORMATION YOU CAN GIVE WOULD BE AWESOME, HELP OUT A NEWBIE TRYING LEARN!

grow311.jpg

grow53.jpg
I had same problems with ph. Mine was 7.2, then a friend on this fine site told me to use white vinegar to lower the ph. I added just a bit at a time…less than a capful in a gallon of water brought it down to a nice 5.8, and then my plants thrived!

A good beneficial bacteria will help stabilize PH and likely be something you need. Your hydro store will have something. I like Hydroguard. Another thing to look at is your water source. If your using tap water, it’s going to want to buffer in a certain range. If you can, use rain water or filtered water from a store dispenser. RO water works great but it’s terribly wasteful of our single greatest resource. You aren’t going to be able to grow 4 plants in a 4 G reservoir OR under CFL. I have only run a couple plants so far under DWC but it was a great learning experience for me. Place 1 in water and one in coco. You’ll have a better chance of getting at least 1 to harvest. It’s a bit risky to share a res with multiple plants.

Back
Top Bottom