Need help please, nitrogen toxicity week 4 flower in coco coir

celticlyle

Hi there guys I have some blatant nitrogen toxicity showing on 2 of my smaller girls. They are indica dom hybrids 8-9 week flowering time photo periods. They are considerably smaller than the rest and its completely my own fault as they have been getting the same food. I am currently in week 4/5 of flower and they are darker green showing claws but not completely terrible. Some yellowing along the edges and I know I have been overfeeding them as they are considerably smaller than the others. I am growing in coco and my run off was always the same as my feeding 5.7-6.0PH.
I cant get any pics up just now as lights are off unfortunately but I am almost certain with the nitrogen toxicity part.
I have given them a flush with Phed water... I did not go over the top though, I did it to around a 50% run off using 70%coco 30%? Perlite medium.
I was going to give them another Phed water feeding in a day or 2 again then go back to half feeding by the end of the week... ??
Any suggestions for ideas are very welcome...

Hi Celticlyle,

I’m soil grower but it’s my understanding that coco grows should be fed & watered every day without fail. Coco resembles soil but that’s precisely where the similarities end.

Coco is totally inert, there are absolutely zero nutrients in coco coir for your plants and it must be kept wet. If coco dries out then your plants will suffer and the coco becomes hydrophobic where it repels water. Coco is 100% hydroponic growing and not a soil grow method.

Soil grows benefit from the wet / dry cycle, but coco grows must be fed & watered everyday and if I’m not too far off base - in flower cycle it should be fed & watered more than once per day.

However please wait for an expert coco grower to better advise...

Yo guys thanks for the reply's! I went ahead and gave them a semi flush with Phed water last night. Now today I have fed them a half strength nutrient solution until i got a desirable run off and removed any of the slightly yellowed/burnt leafs so they do not rot or waste the plants energy It had heaps of fan leafs left.
End of the day serves me right for not feeding the smaller ones differently to the rest, however I do hope they will pick back up fine again since they are only in week 4/5 of 8/9.

Back
Top Bottom