Need help sexing my marijuana plant

420growguy

Hi i am NEW to growing marijuana, and i need help sexing this plant. I've had this plant in an 8in pot from a germinated seed, and have been giving it tap water, and miracle grow is the soil that i'm using. Any heads up would be great, i would love to know if i'm doing anything wrong, or if there's something better i can be doing with this plant for optimum results.

IMG_20150630_180749349.jpg

:tokin:

welcome to 420,
the plant looks fine, just remember that pot is too small and you should transplant in 3 weeks. don't give any more miracle:cough: or it could have problems.

Vlad

Thank you so much.
But can you tell me? is it's male or female ?
How old does it have to be to sex it?

You will have to wait about 2 weeks and then on a warm sunny day when the breeze blows gently, get down on your knees and put your face next to the plant and inhale slowly. If you smell something pungent like skunks and apple pie with lemons, you've got yourself a female!!!

Vlad

Sexing won't be possible for some time yet, so continue your studies on that as there is time to learn. I'd not use the MG just yet as it's still very small and should have no trouble finding what it needs in your soil. Also, depending on your location, it might be good to let the tap water sit in open air for a few hours to allow the chlorine to evaporate and make for better water. Otherwise, great looking plant for it's size!

Don't let that stop you from enjoying the grow. I am growing a mystery seed too. However I have yet to be proven wrong by skeptics, we shall see in 2 weeks if I grew a male or not. I grew males before and they did not have the characteristic smell of juicy marijuana that females have even during vegetation stage. I have an acute sense of smell.

Vlad

Thank you very much i will ease off the miracle grow.
I am happy that my plant is doing well, i was wondering if it was.
It's hard when i haven't had any experience up to this point growing.
It's been a true learning experience.
Thank You for your time and support.
-Dylan

I'd like to piggy back Vlad's comment about enjoying your grow. My first grow earned me a male, but before that discovery I also played around with various growing techniques while still in the vegetative cycle. I count this as my best use of grow time as I learned so much in that ultimate failure. Play around with defoliating, super cropping, lolli-popping, cloning, topping, fimming, LST, HST et cetera, et cetera, et freaking cetera! Growing is Growing!

Edit - Congrats on the pistils Vlad! 2 months~ and you'll be bonging it up!

Back
Top Bottom