Sexing bag seed

luckiestman13

I germinated and planted a bag seed. It was either juicy fruit or PK strain. I had one of each but only 1 has germinated. My plan is to sex it asap so I can determine sex. If female I'll take clones from her and grow 4 plants in a smallish CFL cabinet I'm almost done making.

The seed has sprouted it's first two leaves I can put it into 12/12 right away correct and this will be the fastest way to determine it's sex correct?

Hey lucky...well since it's a new born...you will need to provide alot more light right now....18/6 or 24/0.....at least for a few weeks....than you will be able to switch it over and wait for sex.....have some patience my man...shit dont grow tomorrow....if youve got autos than you can keep it under 12/12 all the time cause you can figure they are girls.........word...:hippy:

thanks for the response. Yes they are on 24/0 now. In an 8in pot. It gets its light from 6 26 watt 6500k CFL's.

I have read where people go straight to 12/12 even without auto strains. Why is this?

I knew someone who would start off 12/12, because he had a space issue and wanted to get the ladies flowering before they grew too large; there is a lot of stretching that occurs... now I believe in vegging for some time before making the switch, but everyone's situation is different.

Does stretching effect the plants ability to clone? Since, IF it is female it will be in flowering mode and then I'd have to wait a couple weeks for the clones to change back to veg, correct? Maybe I'd be better off just ordering some more seeds?

Back
Top Bottom