Lowryder question

OperaYak

Hello folks,

I have not been able to find too much reliable info about growing lowryder strains. I was wonder what the typical break down of veg growth to flowering might be. I am on day 23 (since germination) and have got the sexes determined (2f/1m) on my first ever grow. Now that the sex is determined I am going to throw out the male, and start concentrating on the females.

As I said I am on day 23, and have pistils showing from my two babies. When should I start the 12/12 flowering cycle to have it start producing bud?

Any help is appreciated, thanks for your time.

no need for flower cycle those are auto-flower.keep current light schedule-18/6 or 20/4 or 24/0. p.s.-dont scrap that male, he can be used for seed. it is said that auto-flowers cant be cloned. use one cycle for seed production,and then cull the males at your discretion, and repeat.

Diggler, thanks for the tip. However, I am not too keen on using the male to make more seeds. It's probably easier for me to start buying fem seeds from the get go. Maybe in the future though, when I get more knowledge. Is there anything else I might be able to use the male for? Making oil perhaps? Someone said 1/3 of the male is normally OK for smoking, but I am not too sure if that's true or not. Any ideas/suggestions?

Another loud shout for assistance. I currently have an 18/6 light sched. I have 2 plants in a single 6 gallon pot. I have 2 CFLs w/3200 total lumens (on cool side of spectrum, 6.5k each), Fox Farm materials. Trying to go stealthy/thrifty. I know I am going to get at least 2 more light bulbs tomorrow. I am here to ask the wise people of the forum for advice on what the specifications on the bulbs should be?

I am not even sure if the bulbs I have are good, yield wise. From what I have read, and please forgive me, I am rather new. It seems as if warmer spectrum lights are favored by most.

So what say you fellow growers, any advice is appreciated.

operayak-6500 is great for veg stage. and also adding more lumens is a must. when you switch to 12/12 lower the spectrum. good choice on the 6 gallon pot.

Thanks again for the words of wisdom Diggler. Do you think doubling the lumens to 6.4k is enough for decent harvest? Also, I am a little conflicted about the schedule, based on the first 2 posts on this thread. If the seeds are auto-flowering do I still need to do a 12/12 schedule at all? Or just maintain my 18/6? I had been thinking of upping to a 20/4 schedule just to try it out. I look at this as just a learning experience, as this is my first run at growing anything at all.

no need for 12\12. they are auto-flower right. 18\6 will be great.if you can add more lights then do so. 2400 range is good for flower cycle.

Back
Top Bottom