Need help standing in store right now trying to pick

Smetties

ok so i had read that you should use espoma garden lime to make your soils ph a solid 7.0.
so thats all and great my ph in my plants is stuck at 8.0
but i am standing in the store and i have the espoma garden lime in front of me and it says its for raising ph ???
next to it is espomas soil acidifier to make azaelas or whatever turn blue and it says it lowers soil ph.

So what do I get man my soil ph is stuck at 8.0 and i need to lower it have always made sure nutes and water ph at 6.0.

Please Please Please help I am in the store standing right now.

so do i get the soil acidifier or the lime ????

Just get some peat moss. Add a bit to your soil, test the pH, and then add more if necessary until your soil pH is where you want it to be. Keep it simple. :Namaste:

I assume you are growing in soil? Lime will technically raise the pH, but typically it buffers the pH to around neutral (7). You could use the Espoma soil acidifier, which is likely sulfur, and get better results. You could use peat moss or wood chips, etc. also, but they'd have to be added to the soil beforehand.

If you plan on transplanting into a larger pot, I'd mix peat moss into your same soil and plant into that. it should help balance it out. Depending on the nutrients you use, you could also use something in your nutrients to lower the pH.

so if i use peat moss how do i add it to my soil ?

Just take some of the soil you're currently using and mix it with maybe one part peat moss to 4 parts soil. Mix it WELL and get it good and wet, wait about an hour and test the soil pH. If it's too high, add a little bit more peat moss; if it's too low add a bit more soil. The pH will get to 6.5 or 7 or what ever you want it to be at.

Back
Top Bottom