Loui GROW

ok im new to this site and need some help , ok so i got 4 outdoor plants that are in early veg state, i have been feeding them seasol(seaweed extract) and osmocote, ill be buying powerfeed tomorrow anyways my question is with the pH changing, do i change it by getting water leaving it overnight to evaporate the chlorine and other bad chemicals and then add ph up or down whichever i need to get to 6.5-7. OR do i buy lime( pH raiser) and sulphur (ph lower er). and soil ph tester and change the soil ph. so pretty much do i do the water way and water them with ph water OR do i change ph levels of the soil with lime and that. plz reply A.S.A.P as im going to be buying stuff tomorrow, either ph water idea or the soil ph idea but yea thanks for reading this if you did :)

You are far better of knowing your PH of out door soil first before correcting it !

So ye that is your first check before using lime/sulpher to correct it...

PH range between PH 6 & 7 should be fine it is where most plants are happy growing in, check this chart out.

soil_ph_nutrient_availability.jpg

Might be best to understand the soil type also, like clay based or sandy types etc only to name a couple... clay holds water & sandy is very free draining as ya can see other amendments may be used to improve soil characteristics or even bolster nutrient content etc.

Don't mean to give ya minor head ache tho :thumb:

Mj just another plants & been growing in dirt for a very long time... know ya may want to think about using PH corrected water for dirt growing as do farmers PH correct for watering fields, do you do this for house plants or even plants grown in the garden even rain water has a PH value & i'm sure that is not perfect... so ye think about it !

It is really the soil PH value which does the trick & more so practical with organic based types over salt/synthetic which have some form of chelated nutrients mainly micro nutrients which can work on a wider range of PH value.

Back
Top Bottom