Help with low pH

gorillagrow

Hello I just tested my ph and found the levels to be really low 4.5 -4.7 is adding lime the best way to increase this low ph, and should I flush my plants with lime added to water? I was just planning to transplant them should I delay transplanting until solving the problem? this is a soil grow!

Hello I just tested my ph and found the levels to be really low 4.5 -4.7 is adding lime the best way to increase this low ph, and should I flush my plants with lime added to water? I was just planning to transplant them should I delay transplanting until solving the problem? this is a soil grow!
G'day
I have the same issue week 6 of flower .Did u get a fast result with a remedy

Hi @gorillagrow and welcome to the forum!
if your soil pH was actually in the 4's, your plants would be dead. You have made an error. I bet you have measured your runoff and think that this has told you that you have a problem. If you flush your plants with lime, trying to correct something that isnt there, this likely will also kill your plants. Lets review your assumptions... I believe at least one of them is in error.

Hi @gorillagrow and welcome to the forum!
if your soil pH was actually in the 4's, your plants would be dead. You have made an error. I bet you have measured your runoff and think that this has told you that you have a problem. If you flush your plants with lime, trying to correct something that isnt there, this likely will also kill your plants. Lets review your assumptions... I believe at least one of them is in error.

Bumped thread from '09 and they haven't been here for almost 4 years ;) ....but you can help the person who bumped it as probably same measuring the wrong things or wrong way :rofl:

lol, thanks Dwight... totally missed that one. So @Biffo74, g'day and welcome! Around the 6th week of flower, oftentimes the problem is a salt lockup from all the nutes that have been given so far in the grow... the soil just gets so full of salt that water uptake is affected. Usually a 3x flush of the soil, by moving 3x the container size through there in one sitting, will clear out the salts and let the plant get on with things.
Probably if you measure your runoff this late in the grow, that runoff comes with all sorts of organic debris in the soil, oftentimes peat that has broken down and by its nature has gone acidic. If you have a lot of this showing up in the runoff it can make it look like your soil is an acid wasteland, when actually it is not, and a good flush can get it all out of there.

That makes totall Sence .All So I was not watering them correctly so have started a new process and have a few new tools to help .
Hope i have done the right thing .
It was acidic in the pot so I added no carb and watered .
Then let it sit for a while and re measured on was in a much better range . Let's see of they come home strong .

Back
Top Bottom