Need help with grow set-up

dogg

First of all im a beginner and I havnt purchased anything yet but have the funds to just need to figure out exacly what I need.

Im a Card holder also.

I'd like to get started in my garage, as of now I can have 18 starters and 6 mature plants. So would two 1000 watt interchangable MH/HPS lights be over kill for 6 plants?

The space I have available is in my garage where its going to be freezing in soon, the walls are insulated and finished but its still freezing in there maybe I can insulate the garage door itself? I was looking at the 10x100' rolls of the double sided poly stuff at the grow shop along with the two 1000 watt light set-ups. A couple timers, ph tester, soil, nutes. For now I was just going to veg and flower in the same space by swapping bulbs out, maybe making A 10x10 inclosure with the poly?

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Need help with grow set-up.

2000 watts is overkill for 6 plants....2-600s would be a better choice.

If you need to insulate your garage door (roll-up?), Dow makes a nice product just for that purpose.

2000 watts is overkill for 6 plants....2-600s would be a better choice.

If you need to insulate your garage door (roll-up?), Dow makes a nice product just for that purpose.

Well is it over kill for 12 blooming plants? I may have 2 cards.

Or is the two 600 watters enough for 12 plants?

Not sure what DOW is, its a roll up double car? Home depot has a kit not sure how good it is.

Wow, I guess people actually build and finish double car garages without insulation in the walls....

My house was built in 2009 and out of curiousity I made a small hole in one of the garage walls/drywall and theres no insulation in there nor the rafters.....

Im in the Northwest if that tells you anything about the weather.

Just to make this short and sweet, should I look into insulatiing the garage door and rafters only? Would that help enough to be worth it? Should I see how much it would be to blow some cellulose into the walls?

Or maybe building a small room inside the garage along one of the walls and just insulate those walls that I build?

This is a double car garage.

Buying a indoor greenhouse for the garage isnt out of the question either, im just looking for what you guys think is the best way to get started inside.

Or maybe building a small room inside the garage along one of the walls and just insulate those walls that I build?

I built a 10x12 room in my garage and insulated this way...

A couple milk crates will keep the trays off the floor, and warmer. Also a good spot to store some of your supplies. Maybe you can use some spray in insulation to insulate the garage walls without having to tear down large parts of drywall. If it were me I might consider insulating a 10' section and boxing it out by building a grow room against that wall. Make sure you run the ducting you will need before you spray that hellish mess of an insulation product in there!

I just reread some of your posts and see you already had that idea, Good luck! Im anxious to see how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom