Need legal advice/help for 'conspiracy'

kpaintball

I am a sophomore college student in MO and I live off campus so I don't believe there will be any academic repercussions but anyway here's the situation I am in: about two weeks ago I went to a local hydroponics store unaware that I was being followed home by two trucks with three undercover Missouri State Highway Patrol Officers. When I got home they knocked on the door and told me that they've been conducting an ongoing investigation for a few months and my name came up. They told me that they could get a search warrant if they had to or they could just search the place with my permission. I probably should have made them get a warrant but I didn't think I really had anything that would get me in trouble and I didn't want to piss 'em off so I let them search and this is what they took: 2 10'' net pots, 2 3'' net pots, a slab of 49 1'' rock wool cubes, and three feminized unopened MJ seeds. They also took my grinder and some of my friends weed and they're pipes, I live with three other people. Anyway, when they initially came to the door they told me that they knew I had a "grow operation" going inside and since I clearly didn't I thought I would be fine. But what has happened now is they took all of that stuff I listed above and told me that they're report will go to the assistant DA pending a conviction of "conspiracy to grow marijuana". I didn't even know that was a real thing! This whole situation is absolutely crazy and if I get convicted of this it's a felony in Mo and for obvious reasons I can't have that on my record. Then today one of the troopers called me and said that if I can help them out and give the name of who I buy weed from to them then he'll 'recommend' that the charges be dropped or whatever and he said that they usually go with the recommendation. Now of course I can't give him the name of my dealer because I could never ruin someone else that way and then where would I get my weed from?!

Can anyone offer me advice on how to handle this situation without getting a lawyer because I can't afford any sort of court fees or a lawyer or even a ticket really. Oh and another thing I thought was odd is that they didn't give any of us tickets for paraphernalia or possession.

Any help will be much appreciated and thanks in advance to everyone!

Never EVER let the cops in. Make them have a warrant or kick your door in.

That being said, money or not you HAVE to get a lawyer... if first offense you will get a better plea bargain with a lawyer than on your own... if you cannot afford a lawyer a public defender is better than nothing and usually free or dirt cheap. Some PD's actually rock... key word being "some"

:goodluck:
WillyB

Thanks WillyB I'll see where this whole thing goes. To be honest it feels like a shady situation because one of the guys called me and said that he hasn't even given the report to the prosecutor yet and I'm out of town for a month and the cop said that I could just call him when I get back. Also when I tried to call the phone number that came up on my cell phone, which is the number he gave me too, from my house phone it just gave me a busy signal but when I called from my cell I got right through. Is that normal? I think that they don't really have enough on me to give me anything but they're trying to scare me into giving up names, any thoughts?

did they show you proper id?.......sounds fishy to me...

Could be this but, in my experience with the police they tend to be sneaky. More than likely trying to get you to snitch out a few people. They are famous for trying to make it harder than needed on the small guy to get a bigger bust. Even if this is the case and you decide to help them out (I hope not but hey, I am not in your shoes) you still need a lawyer. A lawyer (even a PD) can find out where you stand. More than likely they are going to try and scare some help out of you even if they have little to nothing on you. Again, a lawyer can find out if they are messing with you or really have something.

:peace:
WillyB

Screw that, Fuck them if they gad any case on you they WOULD have busted you. I grow in an MMJ State and was still busted while in posession of lic and hauled to prison with NO Bail. If they had anything you would be in chains or out on bail. You are College kid chill and let them bring it. You had seed the only conviction you would recieve is simple posession a misdemeanor. I am not a lawyer but have extensive experience with cops and MMJ. When they got you, they take you.

NEVER trust the police. they lie about everything...they will use you amap.
NEVER let them search without a warrant. Who cares if you piss them off, it will go down the same way. Only tell them your name, address and that they can converse through your lawyer.

Lawyer up, but DONT forget that lawyers , police and judges are friends..they see each other and work with each other every day. So be cautious and keep quiet. Give them as little info as possible. Make sure any lawyer understands his/her limited scope. Be as cordial as possible and never let your emotions take control ..it will be used against you.

Their are lawyers listed on the NORML website for each state, however , I know for a fact one in STL Missouri whose initials are RL is a complete psychopath just looking for a quick buck and already has "deals" worked out with the corrupt court system, he will NOT fight for you in anyway but will still tell you what a great deal you're getting while you take it up the ol wazoo. I simply asked some questions only to get yelled at about how ungrateful I was and how offended he was that I questioned what exactly made the courts offer an "excellent deal".

They usually change the charges to infractions such as illegal parking or littering, but with huge fines like $600 to $800.00. But it cleans up any record of the mj incident ( Which in this case was possession of a joint) if you simply take the deal... it's about the money.
If money is no big deal, pay and get OUT of the "justice" system as quickly as possible.

I had a friend who was busted after throwing away nute containers which they used as probable cause coupled with a tip from a neighbor. He had no plants, just equipment which they took.
After their "search" , several items were stolen ..an ipod, a digital video camera, and some jewelry.

Many leo are nothing more than criminals with badges.

Wingman is correct , if they had anything you'd be in jail.
A misdemeanor for possession will cost up to $1000/1 year incarceration in MO.

It's why I moved to Colorado. The laws are more lenient, at least where possession is concerned. I still come and visit family and have a few clients in STL , and I get that anxiety feeling every time I do. I can't wait until mj is legalized for everyone in all states..hope I'm still living if/when it happens I'm going to C E L E B R A T E!

I am repeating what everyone else said but it is that important...SAY NOOO!!

That being said...
I find it hard to believe the search and seizure of your friends drugs and pipes was legal. You cannot consent to a search for them, only for yourself. Might be something to look into.
About the officer who called you. Be very cautious here, police can and will lie to you to get whatever they want. If you are thinking of his offer (which I am neither advocating or opposing) I would advise you to get it in writing and have your lawyer look over it. Never take a cops word, you must always remember that their job is to catch you and they are relentless!

@ruello, I can't wait until it's legal! I'm hoping it will at least be legal everywhere medically in the next 5-10 years but who knows and I always hear nothing but good things about colorado, I definitely think i'll be headed that way after school.

@everyone else, thanks for all the help, I think i'll tell them to f off but not literally

NEVER trust the police. they lie about everything...they will use you amap.
NEVER let them search without a warrant. Who cares if you piss them off, it will go down the same way. Only tell them your name, address and that they can converse through your lawyer.

Lawyer up, but DONT forget that lawyers , police and judges are friends..they see each other and work with each other every day. So be cautious and keep quiet. Give them as little info as possible. Make sure any lawyer understands his/her limited scope. Be as cordial as possible and never let your emotions take control ..it will be used against you..............

..........................I had a friend who was busted after throwing away nute containers which they used as probable cause coupled with a tip from a neighbor. He had no plants, just equipment which they took.
After their "search" , several items were stolen ..an ipod, a digital video camera, and some jewelry.

Many leo are nothing more than criminals with badges.

Wingman is correct , if they had anything you'd be in jail.
A misdemeanor for possession will cost up to $1000/1 year incarceration in MO.

It's why I moved to Colorado. The laws are more lenient, at least where possession is concerned. I still come and visit family and have a few clients in STL , and I get that anxiety feeling every time I do. I can't wait until mj is legalized for everyone in all states..hope I'm still living if/when it happens I'm going to C E L E B R A T E!

A misdemeanor conviction with NO criminal history always results in NO Jail time.
Thanks for the support ruello
+Rep

@ruello, I can't wait until it's legal! I'm hoping it will at least be legal everywhere medically in the next 5-10 years but who knows and I always hear nothing but good things about colorado, I definitely think i'll be headed that way after school.

@everyone else, thanks for all the help, I think i'll tell them to f off but not literally

Good Luck bro, please stay safe, and polite when dealing with fascist Police who delight in screwing with peoples lives. Yes Sir, No Sir, goes a long way. But let them bring it, as I said a misdemeanor simple posession is the best they have.

Well sounds to me like the popo fked up as they always seem to up an trying to scare u.Next time stay in ur door an tell em to go get the warrent close the door an wait.having hydro baskets an wool is legal.the seeds r the only thing an being that they were not cracked is only paraphernalia.my experience any how's.Like some 1 said if they could stick it to u they would have done already.could b dirty cops like the 1 that sent me away 4 a few minutes long ago.Then as i was being released he was coming in had done dirty deeds an finally came back an bit him in his ass.I wouldn't worry to much just b careful an always b SAFE!
Godspeed,
DnR

Back
Top Bottom