Need some clarifacation on trichomes/sativa

lookntoimpruv

I have read trichomes 101 and many,many other articles on time to harvest my diesel which I think is a sativa with some indaca mix. I have a few good microscopes and it seems like the heads are clear but there is one or a very few amber heads scattered, I am on day 58 from the 12/12 turnback. I would like to hit it with one more nute/Ripen and then give it 4 days and do a huge flush and give it 7-10 days. Do I have this time or am I crazy, and just flush now?
I just dont want to miss the window.
The one thread I read said that some sativas take up to 15 weeks. I am not possitive but I think the diesel is a 8 week plant. I am a little unsure as what to do.
Please reach out , so far with the help of this site I have hit a home run on this one, I dont want to f this up now. Thank you in advance.

I have read trichomes 101 and many,many other articles on time to harvest my diesel which I think is a sativa with some indaca mix. I have a few good microscopes and it seems like the heads are clear but there is one or a very few amber heads scattered, I am on day 58 from the 12/12 turnback. I would like to hit it with one more nute/Ripen and then give it 4 days and do a huge flush and give it 7-10 days. Do I have this time or am I crazy, and just flush now?
I just dont want to miss the window.
The one thread I read said that some sativas take up to 15 weeks. I am not possitive but I think the diesel is a 8 week plant. I am a little unsure as what to do.
Please reach out , so far with the help of this site I have hit a home run on this one, I dont want to f this up now. Thank you in advance.

Hi, lookn. What are you growing in? It sounds like your timing is right on. Do you have a lot of cloudy trichomes? Usually if you see a few ambers there are a lot of cloudy trichs, with a few still crystal clear. How do the leaves look? Any yellowing on the upper leaves?

Your Diesel should finish in 70 days or so depending on conditions. I would say hit her again with some sugars/ripen and call it good. Leave anything with N out, she doesn't need it now.

All in my humble opinion of course. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the quick reply Yard Dog....... I use soil, inside, and I have it setup where the lighting , temp., hum., and ventilation are damn good. The girls are so nice and frosted up that they look like they are ready. But I think this is where I make the mistake of cutting to early.
I panicked a little when I saw a couple scattered amber trichomes. But I think most are still clear yet , and I recounted my days, I am actually on day 52 not 58. So , I think the plan we talked about earlier sounds like a winner and I will just keep a close eye on the trichs.
If i nute/ ripen today then in 4-6 days do a serious flush once or twice over the next 7-10 days will bring me to about 68 to 72 days.
I don't think there is any way they could be ready in 52 days, wouldn't you agree?
Also, when I go to flush, my potters are 4 gal. So if I give it 4 gal. of water then give it 4-5 days and do the exact same thing one more time should be sufficient , do you agree ? Thanks again Dog.

One more thing, is the 70 day thing mean from the start of the 12/12 turn back or does that also include the 3 or 4 week grow period. Because I am 52 days from the 12/12 turn back.

Some people say it's from the time you start 12/12, some people go by when the plants show first signs (slowed growth, pistils)...

Sometimes the breeders will give two sets of dates, one for outdoor plants (which will take longer due to the gradual lessening of light each day) and one for indoors which starts when you force flower (12/12). I grow indoor soil-based so I usually aim somewhere for the halfway-3/4 mark before I'll start watching for pistil retreat and scoping the trichs for ripeness. That's just me, everybody has their own preference when it comes to ripeness and when to pluck... :grinjoint:

I started flushing last time when the triks weremostly cloudy & 10% amber. 11 days of hourly flushing, 2 water changes.
I hit a home run. lots of fudge factor I feel, yet I prefer not too much amber. as I want the up cerable head high.
sounds like you are on track.
Get em,
Slag

Back
Top Bottom