Where on this plant should I take samples of TRICHOMES?

WheelieBob

Noob question here, but are there specific areas I should sample for % of finished Trichomes? Obviously, the cola is one area- but any suggestions on where specifically I should sample?

Just bought a cheap usb micro (thanks Trichomes for the Amazon link!).

First grow- my first sample was last week (its now my avatar). Will take sample this evening and post for comments. The first sample looked like it was just starting to turn. Am looking for the most sedative effect I can get. This plant is from a mystery collection- appears to be Sativa dominant (to my VERY untrained eye).

20130915_181430_1_bestshot_resized_1.jpg

Trichome pics:
How do I add more than one pic?? :thanks:

Hi WheelieBob!

I was just about to respond to your introduction with a hearty welcome when I spotted this post. So Welcome! to :420:

As far as where to sample the simplest answer I can provide is: on anything your going to smoke. The pistils and sugar leaves (the small ones that stick out an inch or so from the bud. The larger fan leaves (the ones that have a stem) will have very few to no Trichomes on them.

As far as adding more than one pic, you will upload it into your gallery first like this one and keep selecting different pics to include in this thread.

Again, Welcome to 420 and happy growing!

Great Pics Bob!

Looks like your about 40 to 50% cloudy/milky and remainder looks pretty clear to me. Will be interested in hearing others assessment as am a bit of a newb still.

20130914_160014_3_bestshot_resizedCROPPED.jpg

CROPPED-RESIZED- also has better resolution. Still learnin'! ;-)
The browning on my plant happened from using too strong a mix of dish detergent and water- what I thought would chase critters away... duh!
Result was a burn on a good amount of the tips of leaves- luckily no buds appeared to be hurt....
Am now using Spinosad (Capt jacks dead bug brew)

Here's some photos from today- this is about a week after the tri picks above- I took these from 2 different spots on the plant- none from the main cola. Should I have taken a snip from the tip?
These don't look much further along than the pics above- do they?? Again, I'm a noob to all this, so please comment away! Thanks in advance!
TriSep16d_sample2.jpg
TriSep16cSamp2.jpg
TriSep16cSamp2.jpg
TriSep16B.jpg
TriSep16a.jpg
TriSep16a.jpg

nice pics WheelieBob! Most new members first post says "how do I get the pictures loaded" I see some amber in last pic, you could be done in a week, check those trichomes every other day and I'd suggest stopping any pesticides & fertilizers now, nothing but low PH water, til she's done! good job with the pics, it's ok you posted it 3 times, happens to all the new guys!:bravo:

WheelieBob,

I have to agree with trichomes that I too see the beginnings of amber in a couple of your pics. A fair point for your consideration - not all areas of the plant may mature at the exact same time. If you wanted to, you might harvest those areas/buds that have reached your desired maturity level and leave the rest to continue maturing. Keep monitoring it and harvest when those other areas are ready.

For me you could pull it out in 4-5 days if you're looking for more CBN as your trichs are already turning amber.

Thanks y'all for feedback!
Another Noob question--- Is there a "correct" way to post newer pictures about my same plant? I took more samples/photos today and going to post on a new thread- "Are we there yet?"

Or should I just continue on this thread with updated pics?

continue this thread with updated pics, that way anyone following the thread will get the update.

Thank you go4snyper! I'm still learning all this stuff! Unfortunately, I started a new thread- ARE WE THERE YET, and used my screen name in the thread title. My bad- there's prolly no way to combine the threads, so I will keep updating via the most recent thread.

Am going to try inserting a link to that thread below: (I will be amazed if it works :peace:
Are we there yet? Opinion of Tri's? WheelieBob's First Grow

You told me you can't kill the cute moths that you thought were protecting your plant. Even PETA folks like you will kill moths, just takes one harvest when the worms eat their way out, Just wait, we call it a justified kill. Those are moth eggs not trichomes, trichomes are what the eggs are stuck to. Looks like you like to touch your buds, yeah it smells great on your fingers, but your girls' buds would appreciate you keeping your hands to yourself. :goof: kidden great pics, how many worms so far?

Back
Top Bottom