Need some help. please answer

JSmoke

ok im a "first time" grower. I dont have enough money to set up a grow room so they are under a table i have with a blanket over it. so here it goes:

I took some soil from my backyard and put it in a 5 gallon buckets for my 2 plants. I know not to use outside soil but thats all i got. one plant is dro and the other is some mids. My dro is pretty skunky and over 10 inches tall. It has decent sized branchings about 2 inches long in between the nodes and same with mids. mids is a little over a foot but no smell. Both plants have purplish stems which i think is a phosphorous def. I havent added any nutes and probably am not going too. If i can get nutes what nutes should i get. and do i really need them.

Im using two 4 foot long 40w flouro tubes about an inch or two away. im running 18/6 hours. I dont really know where to get different lights and also dont have the money so im stuck.

For about 2 weeks they have had tiny little fly things and little white wormlike bugs. Also the dro had some cottony threadlike mold on top of the soil. I added a bit much hydrogen peroxide to the soil to kill it and so far it seems good. I put like 3 tablespoons of peroxide in soil without diluting it. I immediately realized that was stupid and watered it with almost a full waterbottle of water.

Im a month and a half into vegging. should i switch to flowering soon or wait. and wondering if my plants are going to survive and possibly produce some buds.

First off, welcome to 420mag.

Second, I highly recommend you check out the sticky posts. They have tons of information that will answer almost all the questions you just asked.

I'll give my two cents.

If you took soil from your backyard it probably has slim to none beneficials in it. Therefore you definitely want some nutrients. I'd go with Pure Blend by Botanicare because it's a simple two-part and inexpensive.

Your lights are decent, I would go to Home Depot or similar, and get some CFL bulbs, highest wattage you can find/afford.

The little flies are likely fungas gnats which lay eggs in your soil and upon hatching the eggs become larvae (little white worms) which feast on your plants' roots. I recommend beneficial nematodes and/or SNS-203 to fight them as they can kill your plant given enough time.

Not too bad of an idea using the hydrogen peroxide although if your soil had any beneficial bacterias they're now likely gone due to the hydrogen peroxide, which isn't a big deal, get nutes regardless.

Mold is probably due to high humidity in your grow room. What is the humidity/temp? If you don't know pick up a hygrometer while you get the other things you need, hygrometer(s) is mando IMO.

If you're a month and a half into vegging most likely your plant is very big. It's important to know that when your begin to flower your plant doesn't stop vertical growth. It can double in size, so veg to 2 ft it's possible to end up with a 4 ft plant. I personally like smaller plants indoors.

I recommend getting your gnats and mold taken care of A.S.A.P. then once it's solved begin to flower.

I'm stoned and enjoy helping people but really, check out the stickies man...good luck.

Yeah dude. Rock you dnt know what ur talkin bout.
Dro is male so im tossin it. Has a bunch of pollen sacks.

All gnats and mold are taken care of. Already started flowering. Mids is female has pistils sticking out at top real nice. Workin on gettin some nutes. Lights seem to be workin fine but i shuld get better ones. Thanks for the post JJ and im just waitin for the buds to grow. Ill try doin some of what you said. thanks for suggestions!!

Also temp stays 74F during day and down to bout 65F at night. Got some fans. stalk is nice and thick. seems to be growing strong and healthy.

Peace

Have you started any compost from your kitchen. good stuff. fly paper, tape, sand on your soil can help with the bugs less water to. The "age old" nute line might be for you. Its cheap anything can be ordered on line. The library has marijuana grow books. good luck

Gnats are tuff. They fly around and lay eggs, the damper the soil the better for them. They actually crawl up the holes in the bottom of the pots and lay eggs. The eggs hatch into these tiny tiny maggots that feed on your roots, that change into the flys. I have used sand, neem, DE and am still fighting these. Now using permetrol. YOU HAVE TO TREAT EVERYTHING, ALL POTS OF ANY KIND OF PLANTS. When you treat you are only killing the live gnat and larva. You still have to deal with the eggs, gotta keep watch and retreat as soon as you see some gnats. Not sure my plant will make it at this point. It is a vicious circle!! You have to retreat!! Hope some of this helps.

I got sick of these lil bastards so I said f this and took my saddest look clones (in plastic cups) took a second cup and added water about a table spoon , and added dish soap a drop to make suds, put the clone cup in a day later dozens of dead and a live larva in the soapy water and it did cost an arm and a leg(the pantyhose sound good lol) I'll let you know how the stunted yellow girls do its look in good so far.:idea:puffin a double nug bowl Luke Skywalker OG and medicine man.:peace::roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom