Networked PH / TDS / Temp monitor

Lol i have no idea honestly. That would be awesome though. I have dreams of a digital grow room where you can tell the stats and control the lighting remotely. Hopefully someone here can ans that. If not i am sure you can develop you own. Have a Ph controller a webcam pointed at that or have your "control" panel with a cam staring at that and there you go. But thats more of a prototype because its just a third eye rather than network controlled.

I've seen a product or two that might meet your needs online but haven't tried them. They're really expensive.

If I had an unlimited budget, this one seems interesting to me.

I definitely want to give that thing a try once I have a few grows under my belt and hopefully some extra cash in my wallet. It just wasn't in the budget for my initial grow.

If you try it out, let us know how it works. If it gets anywhere close to what's advertised that system rocks.

its not like im going to purchase it tomorrow, but this or something like it is exactly what im looking for.

I hear you, you can go on vacation and have a Real time update on your grow. And if you get it down pat only thing you would have to is change your res if your a dro guy and then wait for harvest time.

Go check at BGhydro.com theyve got some setups you can control & check on just about everything, There's also a unit called intellidose that even lets you adjust and add nutrients over an internet connection.. There's alot of different systems out there, But as stated before they are pricey. I personally like the IntelliClimate Grow Room Controller. You can start with the main unit, And add on to it as you grow. It controls temperature, humidity, lights and CO2, and you can add the intellidose system to if you so desire.. Pretty sweet system, But at 1799.95 for the main unit it is a bit pricey..

Go check at BGhydro.com theyve got some setups you can control & check on just about everything, There's also a unit called intellidose that even lets you adjust and add nutrients over an internet connection.. There's alot of different systems out there, But as stated before they are pricey. I personally like the IntelliClimate Grow Room Controller. You can start with the main unit, And add on to it as you grow. It controls temperature, humidity, lights and CO2, and you can add the intellidose system to if you so desire.. Pretty sweet system, But at 1799.95 for the main unit it is a bit pricey..

The equipment is sweet! The price is not haha. Damn ... I don't think those prices could be justified honestly ... unless of course you have 2000 plants or something.

The issue with all that I see here is you still need a PC and a USB connection... honestly .. I don't know anyone that would put a laptop in a grow environment ... it would die. Computers crash too ..then what?

IF they could get this in a package the size of a large wireless router and then connect wireless through an existing home network ..then it would be ballz on.

I'm working on it man. :) *WHISTLES INNOCENTLY*

dood ..if you could make that like i described ... where it could be seamlessly integrated into an existing network ...

well ... it would rock. I would be the first to buy or beta test it for you.

I particularly would like it to also have the ability to use a security cam ...where it could take time-lapsed photos ... set it for every 5 minutes or something ...

What kind of price range, and connectivity? Wifi? Ethernet? Bluetooth, Zigbe, 802.15?

Tech growers haha you guys are right up my alley. 2K is not that much esp if you grow a few times you know. As far as a cam i am sure there are security systems you can buy that takes snap shots every so often and you can connect it to a PC. As long as you can VPN into that PC it is connected to or even have the images emailed every so often there you go. I know from hacking this is possible there is software that you can install on a PC have every keystroke monitored and screenshots taken and emailed to you. But you have to buy such software of course.

Tech growers haha you guys are right up my alley. 2K is not that much esp if you grow a few times you know. As far as a cam i am sure there are security systems you can buy that takes snap shots every so often and you can connect it to a PC. As long as you can VPN into that PC it is connected to or even have the images emailed every so often there you go. I know from hacking this is possible there is software that you can install on a PC have every keystroke monitored and screenshots taken and emailed to you. But you have to buy such software of course.

I don't wanna connect it to a PC ..thats the issue. who in their right mind would put a laptop in a grow room 24/7. it would destroy the hard drive from the moisture/humidity alone.

as far as price ..i think a basic setup ..maybe temp monitor and water level monitor with a light timer should be less than 1500 dollars. I don't even care what it looks like as long as it works and i don't have to put a computer in a grow room...

not to mention .. a computer running 24/7 will add much heat as well.

How about running a USB cable out the grow room to a computer? Wireless is possible but it's quite more expensive :\.. Fully autonomous is possible too, but again.. the price goes up quite a bit.

If you went with USB... You could run two, for a cam I was thinking. :)

IMHO ..youve defeated the purpose if you have to directly plug it into a computer. USB is limited literally in feet .. and its less than 20 if im not mistaken..

if one has to also purchase a computer ..then well id rather spend the money on having it wirelessly integrate into my existing network.

why could you not make it with a 10/100/1000 adapter and plug that into a wireless access point you get from best buy or ebay or something.

Everyone please chime in..

What features would you most like to see on a environment controller?

Fan/Temperature Control
CO2 Relay/CO2 PPM Control
PH dispenser/PH probe Control
Cyclic Timers
DO PPM
N/P/K PPM
TimeLapse Video
Security Video
AC current detection
Leaf surface area calculation
Flying Insect detection
Nitrate PPMs