New Aero Grow

Juustj

Morning all,

Back in the game after a break and kicking it off with some clones I got from a friend to test the system. here we go...

2 purple "something" I just sampled a little from his grow and forget what the second part is. It happens

I have a 750 Truth LED

2 10 gallon grow chambers,Trash cans from Lowes, each with 2 50 micron sprayers and duewy mister in each one, I had the duey misters so...

Aeromist 150 psi water pump

I run the Heavy 16 line of nutes.

CO2 bags.

timers to start, Growtronix system once new touch screen computer gets set up

So a few things on this set up
Spray tips, you can get them online, I got mine from a local commercial misting company and they were like 2 bucks each. Get the anti siphon ones if you can, they have a spring back flow prevention on them and once the lines charged it wont drain. Save time running the pump each cycle to pressurize the line or charge it.
The last pic shows a "kit" Ace Hardware sells in their misting section that has 1/2" line adapters with spray tips for like $12, I used the connectors and the other tips I bought and plumb it all up, saved the tips so if something gets clogged i can switch them out while i clean them.

My last grow I used a Diaphragm pump that I had laying around, it was maxed at 125 psi and would run the system but it had to work at it, it was also a 12v pump with was nice for low power draw but took about half a day to get a transformer for it to down the power from 120 to 12 and get the amps right.
It can be done and I use a Diaphragm pump every night for chemical applications but didn't care for it this time so I went with the other pump.

control atm is all on dial timers while I reset the Growtronix system, I'll get a photo when its all set up.

Attachments

• 20190424_093913[1].jpg
    20190424_093913[1].jpg
    822.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 20190424_093925[2].jpg
    20190424_093925[2].jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20190424_101238[1].jpg
    20190424_101238[1].jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 28
been about a week, the smaller plant had a hard time with the transplant then the larger one and took an extra week to get it hydro roots so this should be a good week for it to explode.

Went through 3.5 gallon of nuts, roses love the new system get fed every week now. other than that I think I will let these go about 4 more weeks in Veg. Well see how they do...
small week 1.jpg
small week 1 roots.jpg
large week 2.jpg
large week 1 roots.jpg

Not alot going on this week, Girls took up the nutes pretty good got the closed system working so i went through about 3 gallons of nutes this week. can't take the girls out anymore for root pics as after i took these I starting tying down the smaller plant to spread it out. but if you look at last weeks roots on the 2nd pic in the last post compared to today it looks like shes going to do ok. so here we go...
small week 3.jpg
small roots week 3.jpg
large week 3.jpg

not alot going on, did some trimming and tieing out and here we are end of week 3 in veg... Their turning into fucking bushes again and are going to be a bit of a bitch to tie out on the net when it goes down.

Also uped the ppm to just over 800 and the spray schedule to every min for 5 secs as its starting to get warmer here and the level of water at the bottom of the containers has disappeared. so heres the pics.

large week 4 2.jpg
small week 4.jpg

so we switched them up last night, and shit went all kinds of side ways

pump got whats called air lock where air in the pump stopped it from pulling water or spraying. on top of that learned a very important lesson about sprayer placement. putting them on the bottom of the chamber spraying up sounded great with small roots but once they reached down to the bars the roots started wrapping around the nozzles. to the point where they were completely covered and no misting was taking place.

heres the girls this morning, their starting to recover but damn they look sad and my roots are a light brown now instead of the prefect white i had going.
Had to take them off the netting and get into the chamber to fix everything so well see how they come back

tart of flower 1.jpg
flower 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom