New Grower And Help

DONTON

420 Member
Hey everyone I am new here and before I post in the new member forum I thought I'd post here quick so I can save my plant.She is in a 5 gallon pot with 3 gallons of FFOF soil and that is it.Strain is FastBuds Blue Dream'Matic and she is 25 days above soil.It seems she ran out of food on day 22.She was getting a little light in the leaves a few days prior and I was under watering her a bit.I was giving her water everyday cause the soil would dry out by the next day.Was watering 8-10oz at a time.

So on day 24 after figuring out what was wrong I got her some water at 5 cups with about three quarters of a cup run off and top dressed her with Build A Soil Build A Flower...about half an inch worth then that is when I watered her.It has been a day and a half since and after watering the smaller lighter colored flowers you see grew in about an hour and she grew upwards about a good two inches.So she is looking way better but might have to add some more top dress and I might add some unsulfured molasses(?)

My question is her leaves are very close together almost like smashed together and those new leaves that shot up are pushing on leaves above those.Will she grow up more and out of this? I have heard that leaves should not be trimmed especially that high up this soon.No other nutes and nothing added until now.Thank you.
WEIRD4.jpg
WEIRD3.jpg
WEIRD1.jpg
WEIRD2.jpg

Grow tent is a Mars Hydro 2x2x5
Grow light Is a Mars Hydro TS 600
Temps at night(lights on) are 77-81 with RH at 35-50%
Temps at day(lights off) 73-76 with RH at 40-55%

next time fill that grow bag to within one inch from the top with soil….

she’s wearing a turtleneck in middle of summer….. for now I’d roll the outside edge of the bag down so it’s only an inch higher than the soil, helps with airflow cuz combo of wet soil & poor air flow will draw fungus gnats

shes fastbuds which is type of autoflower… think I would let her do her own thing

while she’s in veg you could drive that rh up higher with humidifier or pan of water & fan moving air across the surface. heres your target environment for each stage of growth shown in a VPD chart

1637016595783.jpeg

BTW’s welcome aboard donton

next time fill that grow bag to within one inch from the top with soil….

she’s wearing a turtleneck in middle of summer….. for now I’d roll the outside edge of the bag down so it’s only an inch higher than the soil, helps with airflow cuz combo of wet soil poor & air flow will draw fungus gnats

shes fastbuds which is type of autoflower… think I would let her do her own thing

while she’s in veg you could drive that rh up higher with humidifier or pan of water & fan moving air across the surface. heres your target environment for each stage of growth shown in a VPD chart

1637016595783.jpeg
Thanks I just rolled the sides down.My dumb ass never thought to do that.
roll2.jpg
roll1.jpg

Seems organic soil grows take some guessing when to add top dressing.I didn't want to add it too soon then have an overload/burn and then if you wait too long which I did then the symptoms appear.Plus I have never used Build A Flower as a top dress and do not know how strong it is.I did email them and asked and was told anywhere from half an inch to two inches so I went with half an inch.It is about two days since the last water and adding the top dress.I have a very gentle if at all breeze on her and if needed another fan outside the tent.Fresh air comes from an in the wall AC unit and open windows.

@DONTON that’s a nice looking plant. It looks like it’s been topped? Did you snip her?

Sorry I’m not familiar with Build a Flower top dressing. Is it supposed to be a stand alone organic nutrient? If so you shouldn’t have to worry about over feeding as the plant will only take what it needs. Another good thing about organic.
I use Geoflora organic and top dress about every 12 days.
Also I would put a drip pan under your riser and water very slowly to saturate the entire pot until you start getting a little runoff. But go slow and take breaks and get the pot good and thoroughly wet. I would think a good watering should last a plant that size close to a week.
Good looking plant!

@DONTON that’s a nice looking plant. It looks like it’s been topped? Did you snip her?

Sorry I’m not familiar with Build a Flower top dressing. Is it supposed to be a stand alone organic nutrient? If so you shouldn’t have to worry about over feeding as the plant will only take what it needs. Another good thing about organic.
I use Geoflora organic and top dress about every 12 days.
Also I would put a drip pan under your riser and water very slowly to saturate the entire pot until you start getting a little runoff. But go slow and take breaks and get the pot good and thoroughly wet. I would think a good watering should last a plant that size close to a week.
Good looking plant!
Sorry for the late reply.Yes,she was topped at 21 days.She had 6 nodes already so I snipped at the 4th node.Later the nodes right underneath grew out about a good eighth of an inch and the next day about half an inch.So she seemed to respond really well to it.Not sure I want to top again but.....she is looking like she might get big so not sure at this point.

I haven't done any LST as I am a bit nervous of breaking a branch or worse but the main worry is how close all her leaves are at the moment and it seems it might be extra easy to break.After 30hrs from her last water of 40oz she was dry about two inches down(but not completely/still moist) so this time to try and get back on track and keep track of her water intake I gave her 20oz.I mixed one teaspoon(5ml) of unsulfured molasses in 32oz of water then gave her the 20oz.I also put more Build A Flower and gave a gentle mixing in the top soil with it.She looks a bit better from the last watering and top soil added but this should help her get back on track and I am not seeing any more yellow tips/serrations.

These weeds grow as that....weeds.And fast.Even the slow growth going on now while she gets caught up is very noticable.The seed was so small that I wasn't sure it was a seed lol.I had one grow I started before this which was Green Crack from FastBuds but overwatered it just enough to stunt it so I took that one out and planted this one and it really took off from there.So now I wait....will update as soon as she goes.Thank you for the help and reading.
DAY26.jpg

Hello , i grow t.l.o.style completely now and wont go back to hydro again , organic is the easiest way to grow truly stellar herb , if you don't have any get some , earth worm castings are your best friend , i add about half a cup per pot every 3 weeks or so and you need a cover -mulch layer on top , i use a shredded hamster bed shaving on top -spruce , any pet store will have it , the bacteria and fungi will break down the mulch slowly adding slow release nutrients , what you are trying to do is provide a well balanced nutrient rich material for the fungi and bacteria to break down for the plant , think 10 -14 days out when adding anything to your soil , the microbes need time to do their thing , easy on the molasses, it will really screw up your soil real quick - too much magnesium , feed the soil not the plant , the only time i use molasses is when i am making a tea -1 tbl spoon for 1 gallon of water is plenty and 2-3 times only for the full cycle of the grow , is the build a flower from build a soil ? I even add red wiggler worms to my pots about 6 per pot , if it doesn't say o.m.r.i .on the container don't put it in your pots no liquid nutrients either at all , dry organic inputs only , don't ph anything either, the bacteria will look after ph for you , ppm is all you need to keep a eye on with organic growing and only when you are making a tea for your plants 100 -120 ppm for your teas .Add your dry nutes to the top of the mulch and work it in a little and water , egg shells are great just grind them up and put on top of the mulch , any leaves you trim off just leave them on top the mulch , when adding the nutes try to keeping to the outside edges of the pots not near the main stalk , and i cant stress the need for a good clean pure water , i use ro water but distilled works great too, tap water is garbage (chloramine , lead , salt etc not good for the microbes ),sorry about the rant !!

Hello , i grow t.l.o.style completely now and wont go back to hydro again , organic is the easiest way to grow truly stellar herb , if you don't have any get some , earth worm castings are your best friend , i add about half a cup per pot every 3 weeks or so and you need a cover -mulch layer on top , i use a shredded hamster bed shaving on top -spruce , any pet store will have it , the bacteria and fungi will break down the mulch slowly adding slow release nutrients , what you are trying to do is provide a well balanced nutrient rich material for the fungi and bacteria to break down for the plant , think 10 -14 days out when adding anything to your soil , the microbes need time to do their thing , easy on the molasses, it will really screw up your soil real quick - too much magnesium , feed the soil not the plant , the only time i use molasses is when i am making a tea -1 tbl spoon for 1 gallon of water is plenty and 2-3 times only for the full cycle of the grow , is the build a flower from build a soil ? I even add red wiggler worms to my pots about 6 per pot , if it doesn't say o.m.r.i .on the container don't put it in your pots no liquid nutrients either at all , dry organic inputs only , don't ph anything either, the bacteria will look after ph for you , ppm is all you need to keep a eye on with organic growing and only when you are making a tea for your plants 100 -120 ppm for your teas .Add your dry nutes to the top of the mulch and work it in a little and water , egg shells are great just grind them up and put on top of the mulch , any leaves you trim off just leave them on top the mulch , when adding the nutes try to keeping to the outside edges of the pots not near the main stalk , and i cant stress the need for a good clean pure water , i use ro water but distilled works great too, tap water is garbage (chloramine , lead , salt etc not good for the microbes ),sorry about the rant !!
Excellent advice.Thanks.Yeah this grow was done on somewhat of a whim and next time will have mulch and the rest of the supplies I need.It has been a day since I watered which was until a little run off.She took 6 cups of water.She weighed 10lbs after watering and today she weighed 8lbs.Will water when she hits 5.Her two nodes have grown two inches since she was topped.

I have been leaf tucking to get light onto new growth and thankfully have not had to do much of that.When her stems grow out more I can LST more/better.Her smell at week 3 was very peppery.Now it is peppery with a musky type smell.She is a little taller every couple days.I think she is gonna have a growth spurt here after she fully recovers from the topping.
20211118_173211.jpg
20211118_173203.jpg

I forgot.Yes it is Build A Soil.Great selection a truly one stop shop for all your soil and ancillary needs.Plus those guys will answer emails in a day and give you tons of great advice.I know I under watered a bit and didn't recognise her running out of nutrients/food right away.I believe I responded in an appropriate amount of time to correct said issues.

And I know from what I have read that all organic grows take a few days to a week plus to resolve issues.I will see what happens.For me with a 100w light at the wall minus 5w -/+ in either direction I should expect 80-100 grams per watt.I have seen a lot of people pull 2-3oz from such grows.Two oz for me is low honestly and not worth a 3-4 month grow.I can buy top shelf for $250oz here.So 3oz is ok especially with my current setup.

I have been collecting info like I did for this grow for coco coir and read grow logs that have way better final harvests than all organic.I am very OCD and the constant mixing,ph,adding,watering fit me better and less time wasted.My next tent will be a perpetual grow type tent with better lights as I would like to grow out a lot then sit back and enjoy what I have grown than have to spend too much time growing a minimal amount.So coco it is when I can get the $$$$$ together.

If there is a classified section I need to sell my tent and light.It was just used up til now.I need to recoup some $$$ if not it will sit and rot.I am in a situation where employment is non existent and I really needed some meds and that is why I tried to grow my own.

Thanks everyone.At this point I am not going to try to grow my own as it is just too much $$$$ for me ATM and seems at least for me a waste of time.Three weeks to a month to find out if your plant is a female is too much time wasted.Just easier to buy from the dispensary when I have the money.Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom