new grower, looking for some advice

BigSmoker1275

I have here some white widow skunk and I wanna say between two and three weeks under veg 400 watt HP . I have noticed some yellowing in the leaves. I'm using dyna grow. I feed with 1ml in each feeding with two pints of water. I'm afraid to over water. The soil is sunshine mix 4 soil. Any tips or advice?

Yea those are big pots so just water around the base of the plants a little and enough to soak down the base of plant once things dry out. There little they dont drink alot no reason to wet all the dirt. Also sometimes in bigger pots the plants spend alot of energy on roots then explode. If you have a fan get some air flow on the plants to help dry the dirt. I keep my temps higher when in veg around 78-90 degrees F. If there arent any wholes on bottom of bucket you may want to drill at least one small one to help drainage. This is my super lemon haze 1 month old today in 10 gallon smart pot. I like them because they allow more air inside the root system and it drys out faster. Sorry for sideways picture
IMG_019038.JPG

I have a ac unit in front of them to keep them cool and push the plants a little, 75 to low of a temp for the little ladies ? Also there are plenty of small holes at the bottom, I cut a 5 gallon bucket down to 3 gallons.. Your lemon haze is looking amazing!

Thats a little cool for daytime temps. Raise it to about 80-85 see if that stimulates growth. It will help dry the soil out. If the soil has been wet and cool for to long your roots cant breath or stretch out and will stunt the growth possibly where they will never fully recover. They dont look deformed yet so I dont think there damaged yet. Some strains are slow starters. You should start seeing results with the temp change and always before you water dig your finger gently around the top 1 inch of dirt to see how dry it is.

So probably go another day without watering to let the soil dry all the way threw ? The lights are 24 ins above the plants, I saw a chart that said it is optimal but with temps at 80 will they burn, what is a good night temp?

They can stay 80-85 in veg in daytime and nightime if your running your ac you can save on electric. The main thing I think your having is the moisture level in the soil. You want it to be light and airy. If its super wet till the top inch of dirt up with a fork to help it breath. And you said you have the ac blowing right on them that probally isnt good if the room is 75 the plants are probally cooler. Get a small fan and get the direct ac blowing off of them. Just think of it as a new born baby wraped up in a warm blanket or sitting in front of the ac vent naked in a diaper.

Back
Top Bottom