Four weeks old just cropped her

BigSmoker1275

IMG_20150402_155620174.jpg

White widow skunk, in sunshine, pH 6-7 2 400watts HP's, dyna grow nuts and every fourth day. Tap water at room temp.
Humidity between 40-60.

Just cropped her and soon afterwards her under growth boomed. But she's only at 7ins tall. Haven't since upward growth in this week. Should I be worried. Getting Mylar next week should help me with the lack of light. Plus getting a 600watt light. But I'm not sure how to place the three lights in a row. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have eight almost the same height. Growing three more seedings. But I have a 600 watt light coming next week. This is the room.

IMG_20150322_210219899.jpg

Im not sure how to line up the three lights. The two 400watts and one 600watt. The room is about 12ft long by 8 ft wide.

BigSmoker do your pots have any drainage? From the picture it appears no! Where does the water drain? You need to allow the water to drain out from the bottom. I would drill 1/8" holes on the side of the container as far down at the bottom as possible. 1/4 -1/2" from bottom is fine. Start with 4-6 holes and see how that works may need more as time goes by? Odor will be a problem withthat many plants too. Is that going to be a problem? Stick to the basics, correct Temps, PH, RH, Watering, and if your using nutes your PPM. If you master these basics you will succeed! Good luck...

There is drainage but I'm afraid to over water. Only watering a pint at a time... There are holes on the bottom of the bucket. The bottom of the crate is open to plastic that drains in the middle. Soil retains a lot of moisture but one pint has been drying up in a day now. What would you suggest on watering them? I have a carbon filter that I will be hooking up during flowering and harvest.

Not every four days just the first feed, then regular pH water then dry. Then I repeat so far no nuts burn, deficiency just kinda slow growth. I believe I may be under watering but not sure.

Judge when to water by weight. If you need to get a feel for it -compare a same size pot of dry or slightly moist soil to the one with the plant in it. In my opinion this is by far the best way to water. Water when it's quite dry/light, not wilting though. Unfortunately, judging how much to water is a bit more tricky and I have to juggle that based on the size of the plant. To my mind anyway, ideally the soil should go 3-5 days between waterings. If you water it and it takes a week or more to dry out- that's too long. If it's drying out in a day or two it either needs more water each time, if possible, or a bigger pot. The best possible situation is the pot size/plant size ratio where you can soak a pot right down and get a bunch of water running out the bottom to flush the soil, and have the right plant size, root system,foliage to be able to use up that water within the next 3-5 days.

On that note, I think I should have went to a smaller pot for my first transplant. I went from a solo cup straight to 3 gal or less. Maybe if I have went to a quart or two things might have been better in the watering department.

Also think her new height will come from under growth development. In the pass week it has almost come up to her canopy (top fan leaves).

Honestly, it can be very tricky watering a small plant in a big pot. You really have to baby it along and it's hard to water evenly. One soaking of the pot and it's a real problem if it's going to sit there for ten days waterlogged. I often have them in a little bigger pot than I would like to because of schedules that take me away on trips and I have to know I can go four or five days between waterings. But ideally I think the best way is to pot up one size at a time, when the plant gets close to being rootbound each time. Besides the watering thing, the roots grow into a better structure as they fill each pot, or so it seems.

Pros and cons vs each side. What do you think about how I should set up a 600 and two 400 watts HP's lights in a row? Put the 600 in the middle and the 400 on each side of the 600? My plants seem to want more light so I order the 600 watt. They like to grow towards one way. But it is just the top fan leaves.

Weaselcracker's explanation of how to water is perfect... I would add if you can't get them to dry quick enough you may need better drainage which means more holes! The plants look small so that's likely the biggest problem. (Pots to big) In regards to the lighting, I would say any two lights you choose would be sufficient. Even the one 600 would do well till they mature a bit. To have all 3 seems overkill? You should use a smaller area. You'll need less lighting, less power and better results. That's why tents work so well....

Yes you get more reflected light when you have walls around the lit space. A corner may work better with another wall or two of some sort built around. Though the walk around space is very nice. Two 600s for flowering is all I really want to deal with at this point and i'd way rather try to make that amount work than grow big and have everything suffer including me. Not that the three lights is huge but you will have your hands full if you're just starting. I'd probably just line them up with the 600 in the middle but it doesn't matter all that much I think how you do it.
Your carpet is going to be obliterated pretty soon. And then possibly the floor under it. I would consider covering the whole floor with at least a couple layers of good plastic, you can put a layer of cardboard on top of that to protect it, then another layer of poly or a tarp on top of everything, and that should stop all leaks.

Going to build small walls on stands (boards with reflective material on it) and place them on the side of the plants. So light can bounce on the sides of the plants. Been thinking highly of laying plastic down. What issues will happen if that much light? I was thinking about placing five plants under the 600, then two or three plants under the 400s

That all sounds good bro. There is no issue with the lights. It sounded to me like ripples was pointing out that you could get by with less lights too. I kind of agree because it's easier to manage and the plants benefit from that. But 3 lights isn't extreme or anything. But for a new grower- Take care not to make the same common mistakes that I did and a lot of new growers do. So- you may be doing a lot of time reading on 420.
More girls in your harem isn't always the 'good time' some people think it is. It can get stressful. I'm sure there must be many ancient proverbs to this effect all around the world but I don't know any.

Common issues, what were they for you. I think I have the watering schedule down now and I might be able to give them more water than I was. They are looking beautiful right now. Nice mild tone green leaves. I can always tell when new growth appears because of the light yellowish green of new growth. I'm glad I joined this forum . I have been fit so much from it and all of you guys. Thank you .

Ph, temp, over fertilizing, over and under watering, distance from lights, there are others of course but I'm running off somewhere atm and can't think straight.
Check out this link for required reading. How to Grow Cannabis - Everything You Need to Know!
Follow the new grower journals and others, you'll see all the usuals. I don't claim for a second to be free of them either

Back
Top Bottom