First Grow Problem - Any Advice?

Hazy84

DSC_0162_1_3.jpg

DSC_0163_1_3.jpg
DSC_0165_1_3.jpg
DSC_0168_1_2.jpg

This is my rapidly becoming disasterous first grow. Kerala X Skunk #1 in bio-bizz all mix using tap water ph 6.5 on an 18 hour cycle under 400 watt hps at about 21 inches. I first noticed the tips becoming yellow just b4 I potted up from root riot cube n since then things have gone from bad to worse. Was spraying in a propagator with 1ml/1000 root tonic and liquid silicon. Gave one feed after potting with 1.5ml/1000 root tonic, 0.75/1000 bio grow and about the same liquid silicon again thinking it was a deficiency. Have flushed a couple of times since thinking I was wrong but things seem to b getting worse. What started as a slight yellowing n twisting is now turning into dead spots in the leaves and wilting, am I under watering/feeding, over feeding or are there too many nutes in soil mix, please help...

Re: First grow problem, any advice?

Hi Hazy :ciao:

She may be overwatered, after all your flushing.

I would put her in a bigger pot with some fresh soil.

:goodluck:

Hey Ricorico, your the only one replying to any of my posts on here lol!!

I could try your suggestion but I only potted her up just over a week ago so surely I should be ok in this soil for longer? She's also in a plastic cup inside a paper one so I can see there's no root lock and when I say flushed Im only talking a litre in the last week. I've also got some gravel in the bottom so drainage is pretty good and in fact was thinking of watering again 2nite as its been a couple of days n she's looking a bit dry :-/ but if its a bigger pot I need will have to go n get some as I wasn't prepared for that yet.

Oh didnt realise that, I was letting the excess drain from one cup into the other then emptying it, saw that somewhere, can't remember where now. Funny you should mention burying the stem coz I already did that when I potted up, got a lot of stretch with my light too high early on and set for 250w. You sure thats the right thing for me to be doing? Im just worried that its down to excess nutrients in the soil and potting up now after I've flushed will just make it worse again.

You may have flushed extra nutrients out of the soil,

But it sounds like you are suffocating the roots with your "Double-cup" technique.

When I repot, I don't water straight away.

I leave her for a day or two and watch her and wait for her to recover.

Roots need air as much as they need water :thumb:

Thats kinda what I've been trying to do so don't wanna re pot n have to do it all again :-/ roots are pretty dry atm but maybe I have been overwatering apparantly thats a common mistake along with over nuting lol! I don't see how 2 cups would be suffocating the roots tho? Thanks for all the advice but Im still not sure what to do :-(

Back
Top Bottom