New Grower, Need Help

PimpinJohozafax

Whats going on people,

I have never grown bud before, i just moved to my own place in CANADA, and i want to start growing indoor. I have no idea where to begin, and yeah i know theres a bunch of how to manuals and what not, but i want to be sure that my plant buds some high quality HERB. If theres anyone who can lend a hand in a step by step process. These are just some questions i thought of.
1. What kind of lights can i buy for low energy use?
2. Is a fan mandatory? Timer nescary?
3. How do i start the seed?
4. Watering, is there differnt amounts for differnt times?
5. Do i need certain chemicals for better bud, during the process of grwoing, and /or after they bud?
6. How long do i keep the lights on?
7. I have a minium amount of space, but i want to maxamize my quantity as much as possible as well as all year around budding, if thats possible? with differnt plants of course.
8. I heard some shit about a PH balance?
9. Where can i get good products for growing for a cheap prices?

I know thats a lot of stuff people, but i still have grip of questions, if any one can help id appreciate it a lot. I just want to beable to smoke high quality bud even when all my links are dry and my wallet is too.....

thanks
-PIMPIN

You know that is alot of questions and as you said there are alot of howto manuals out there on growing. They are pretty reliable. You're asking us to pretty much write up a how to manual for you. Read through the manuals and pick out what sounds best to you and give it a shot that's all you can do. Eventually you will find whatever method works for you. Good luck.

Your right man, i realized that after i grew impatient.

But couple things...Lighting...Should i use a compact flourscent, or a HPS 100-250, i want to grown like 2 plants in areal small place, like2' by 3',

Also do i need to transplant more than onece, and if i do how do i know when to switch to a bigger pot, 3 gallon to big? for my space

1 flourals
2 fan is a good thing to have it gets your palnt a stongers root system and allows it to grow stonger for buddin and a timer is the best thing to get so u dont have to worry about being home to turn off the lights and its will keep the same cycle always
3 put the seed in between two wet paper towels in a ziploc back or someting and but it in a warm dark palce
4 water only when needed u can see the soil if it looks dry water it seedlings dont mind a lil dry time
5 no chemicals at all man use only organic fert and yes they are recommended(sp) for a bigger and better product
6 veg 18/6 tell how ever big u want them then 12/12 for flowerin rember once u fo into flowerin it will double its size
7 there are differnt way to grow your plant to maximize your yield like Lst.. sea of green things like that would help a small grow get more yeild
8 about the ph balance do be honest i dont know much about u need to ask someeles about that
9 homedepot or lowes has almost everything needed to grow

thanx man

you said 18/6 for veg, why do some people say 24 light?
and at what stage do i find out ther emale or female, when i start the 12/12?
last thing bro, how many flourals do i need, cuz i think i heard they come in 40s?

i like 18/6 gives time for the equipment to cool down and gives it a break. put 24 hours is good also its all about the personal prefence there. some say u can see the sex as early as two weeks but i have never see that i noramlly see the males the first week of flowerin and females close two the second weed of flowerin dont get me wrong u can see the alot sooner.. and lighting for best results u need like 50 watt per square foot . u can get cfl that plug into a noraml light socket and puts out alot of watts u can get flouals in a range of watts ... hope that answered every thing and good luck :allgood:

Me I'm in favor of the 24 hour light. With flouros temp isn't usually a problem so you can get away with it. If I was using an MH or HPS I would probably do 18/16 for the same reason that b420 brought up. The thing is that during the veg state the plant can use constant light so the more it gets the faster and thicker it will grow. And I would suggest a 150-200 watt hps for your bloom phase(12/12). :peace:

appreciate it B420 and No Dirt WEED

I think im going to end up with the HPS, cuz a lot of people told me the plant grows a lot faster with the HPS. But one source tells me to keep the HPS as close to the plants as the flourals, and one source said to keep the HPS farther away...whats up with that

And what the hell is and what do i do with "Canna Vega/flores A&B nutes"

Definitely farther away. Flouros you keep 1-4 inches from the plant and HPS you keep 18-30 inches away. Big difference is in the heat and the spectrum. The spectrum on hps is great for the flowering phase but not so terrific for the veg phase because it doesn't have the blue spectrum necessary for stem growth and strength. Also the heat with an hps running 24/7 in a closet you would need very good ventilation. I suggest the 2 stage lighting flouros for vegging and an hps for flowering.

its a good thing you said that, cuz i wont have enough room to use HPS then, i have a min. amount of space, especially during the flowering stage when the plants get big, theres no way the HPS would be able to be another foot and a half up. IS it coo if im stuck with fluouros during flowering stage as well? And since im stuck with flouros should i go Compact flouro?

I saw this compact flouro called 125w "Dual Spectrum EzHydroLite" on ebay, said it ligth sup MH and HPS. But it says compact flouro produces no heat at all , liek you can touch the bulb,which means i can grow optimal amount cuz the plant can get as close as inch of the plant. what you think for my situation, pretty good price to

well after a lot of input, i decided to go with a 100 or 150 watt HPS, most people said it wouldnt make tha tmuch heat as i think, even one guy said he has a 400 watt HPS in 3.5 foot high area. Ill just start floweing early, so it doesnt get to big.

But i want to know, you think the HPS will be good for the germ and veg state?

What should i do bout temp and humidity controll, i was thinking of getting afan at the top attached directly to a hole, and another similar sized fan on the bottome just to circulate. I heard some shit about putting a container of water int he box for humidity?

If you get an HPS and plan on using it for the entire grow, make sure that you get the HPS with the added blue spectrum, or your plants might have a problem with weak stems in the veg phase. Your fan setup souds fine but you won't know for sure untill the whole thing is up and running. Pay attention to the heat and try to keep it in the 80's.

Back
Top Bottom