New guy here!

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm potroast! Get it? Pot-roast.. hahaha. :p

but no seriously, I need someones help. Help from a very well experienced grower would be fantastic.

I've got 2 years of growing experience under my belt now.. but I'm still having the same problems that I've had since I started.

The problem I'm having is, is I know how to grow, harvest, dry and cure the final product. However, I'm having issues with potency.

For instance, I just got done harvesting the last half of my Snow White from Nirvana. I dried it for 4 days until the outside of the buds felt dry.. once they product hit this point in the air-drying stage, I then threw the buds that were ready for curing, into the curing jars.

After 3 weeks worth of curing.. the RH inside the jar dropped below the suggested 55% RH mark.. which tells me that the cure is 'dead'.. which is fine, I mean... the buds had been curing for three weeks without any interruptions.

Once I emptied the cure jar.. I took a sample bud to test out. Now, the first hit.. the first hit was actually pretty damn good as far as taste goes.. and even the potency seemed to be fair during the first hit.. but its like after that first 'green hit' from the bowl.. after that first green hit, the rest just had this taste of being really VERY sweet and resinous.. which is fine, I don't mind the taste of resin from time to time.. but as I said, the potency isn't there.

I mean, I can smoke like two bowls of it.. and I'll be more relaxed, but I don't think that has anything to do with the potency level of the product. I think the reason I feel so relaxed after a bowl or two, is because I'm taking in deep breaths while hitting the bowl and then slowly releasing the hit once I've inhaled it.. so I think its just the constant breathing inhaling/exhaling that is responsible for making me feel more relaxed.

So, with that said.. does anyone else have this problem or have had this same problem with potency?? I mean, I LOVE growing.. I've invested quite a bit of money into my grow equipment as well.. its just a fun hobby IMO. So, unless I can get someone to help me out with what my problems or problem might be whenever it comes to potency levels.. I might as well just sell my equipment and stop growing... I mean, there's no point in growing something that I'm not going to benefit from.

This is my 13th harvest.. 13th grow... and I've had this same problem with EVERY single one of the grows.. no potency.

Anyhow, I don't want to sit here and babble to you guys.. but I sure would like some help with the issue..

Thanks in advance to those who lend a helping hand.

Oh, here's some more information about me and my grow equipment. I only grow for my personal consumption.. so I never grow more than 2 or 3 max. plants per grow. Rarely do I ever have 3.. I usually just go with 2 plants per grow. Also, I don't sell what I grow.. I just smoke it. I grow indoors only.. I only use 100% all organics. I use 100% organic soil.. and as far as nutrients go, I've been using the 'GO-BOX' from 'General Organics'.. which came with a lot of stuff.. and I'm really liking the nutrients and supplements that comes with the 'GO-BOX'.. they've got some great stuff in there!

As far as lighting goes.. I use 8 High-Wattage 6500K CFL bulbs for my vegging needs.. and then for my flowering needs.. I switch out the 6500K CFL bulbs.. and put in the 6 3200K CFL bulbs. The CFL lights are used for side/lower lighting for the plant.. while for the top lighting needs.. I use two 150-watt HPS lamps from Sun Systems. I know, it doesn't sound like much, but it gets the job done and that's really all I'm worried about right now.. especially after growing 12 or 13 freaking harvests.. and not having one SINGLE harvest, that had ANY potency to it all hardly... so until I can get this whole potency issue figured out, I see no need in upgrading any of my equipment.. would kinda be pointless IMO.

Anyhow, any help with the potency problems.. man, it would really brighten up my day if someone could help me out with this.

Thanks in advance to any and all those who decide to help me out.

-proast. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom