New to autoflowers

Rnanney

420 Member
Two things I would just like to get a few opinions on. I've read mostly to not transplant autos but I start them in cup size pot and move to three gallons. Any experience with this? And another biggy, to top or not to top autos?

Hey @Rnanney hope all is good in your world
I transplant autos all the time, what difference it makes must be infinitesimally small, cos I've never noticed any detriment - to me it seems more trouble to put small plants in huge pots
If you have the height for a fir tree shape, don't top - big main cola plus popcorn
If you want an even canopy of smaller buds (as I do), then top at node 3
I don't think there is much difference in yield, the plant will produce what it can either way
That'll be two pence then please... :cool:
Oh, and :welcome:

Two things I would just like to get a few opinions on. I've read mostly to not transplant autos but I start them in cup size pot and move to three gallons. Any experience with this? And another biggy, to top or not to top autos?
Appears you have double posted.

Stay safe
Bill

Hey @Rnanney hope all is good in your world
I transplant autos all the time, what difference it makes must be infinitesimally small, cos I've never noticed any detriment - to me it seems more trouble to put small plants in huge pots
If you have the height for a fir tree shape, don't top - big main cola plus popcorn
If you want an even canopy of smaller buds (as I do), then top at node 3
I don't think there is much difference in yield, the plant will produce what it can either way
That'll be two pence then please... :cool:
Oh, and :welcome:
Awesome help

I wouldnt transplant or top an autoflower, some of m are built to be trained and topped, in my opinion it removes days from the fixed end of life date to fully mature and will taken too much time to recovery from the applied stress... Just my personal five cents

Hi @Rnanney

Autos do best in final containers if your new to growing. Keep it simple. If you are really on the ball you can transplant an auto, seen it done here often enough.
I grow Autos exclusively so far, and I transplant seedling to final container (mind you I'm in hydro).
But here's the guide that was posted, and I follow, it works, I average 100g dried and cured per plant, minimal.

Back
Top Bottom