New to growing-need help/advice

nicksmi7h

Hello. I'm a little new to growing; I'm doing it with a friend that knows the basics. We're doing about 50 plants with 3 1000 watts, 2 small LEDs and a bigger 48" LED. My problem is that we've been vegging for about a month and a half now and some are extremely big, and some have grown only so much since I got the clone. For chemical we're using Botanicare Veg. Cycle Pro Grow, Liquid Karma, and Advanced Nutrients CalMag and we just introduced Rhino Skin. Any advice on watering or anything I can do to help them along? Feel free for any critique

General Info: We've been on 18/6 for about 4 weeks now. Some plants look really tall and healthy, while some of the tall ones look a little skimpy. A lot of the plants, however, haven't caught up to this tallness, but still look really green and healthy, just shorter.

Strain: (about 50 total) Blue Dream (indica), Super Silver Haze (sativa), Grape Krush (indica), GDP (indica), Afgoo (indica 80%, 20% sativa), Northern Lights (mostly indica, not sure on %), and Grape Ape (indica).

Grow Medium: Soil/Fox Farm Soil and Vermicare/5 gallon Smart Pots

Lights: (x3) 1000w 8", (x2) 45 wt LED Grow Light, and one 48" 100 wt LED

Chemical: Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow Vegetative (3-2-4), Botanicare Liquid Karma (.1-.1-.5), Advanced Nutrients CalMag (3-0-0) and we just introduced Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin (Potassium Silicate).

Water Cycles: So far we mix the chemical in two 5 gallon buckets, putting in the necessary amount. From there we use dixie cups and usually give 2-4 cups per plant every 3 days, but recently we've been watering 2-3 cups every other day.

The Room: Unfortunately, the rooms get pretty hot, but none of the plants looks as if they have severe heat stress. The temperature of the rooms vary between 78-87 degrees. We do have ventilation that sucks the heat from the lights and a fan in each room. Also, we have fresh air being sucked from outside into both rooms (on a side note, the temperature in the Sacramento area has been about 80-90 degrees for the past month).

WILL HAVE PICTURES SOON

hey man I'm new to this too, but what is the R/H like in your room. With your temps on the high side, I've read that if you keep the humidity up the plants do alot better. I've had temps as high as 97-98 during the day(top of canopy) with w/ R/H at 55-60 , the girls seem to like it :surf:

seems like your taller ones "skimpy as you said" are stretching,

your room may be too big thus creating spots that dont recieve enough light
your taller ones are also blocking your smaller ones from receiving the necessary light

another helpful thought: 2 500watt lights cover more area and use less energy than a 1000watt thus creating more lumens per sq foot and cheaper on electric bill

you may want to place the smaller ones on milk crates or something to get them closer to the light without actually moving the light and taking a chance of burning the plants

also you may want to try using "LST" or light stress training which would be taking the taller plants and tying string around them to slowly bend them down which will cause the lower part of the plant to grow upwards and growing into more than one main cola....then you could move the lights closer and the smaller ones would have a chance and the taller ones will be shorter and bush out more

Back
Top Bottom