New to me Eco Testr PH meter - how to calibrate?

KarlJay

I got the ECO Testr pH1 used and some GH Standard Reference Solution 7.0

I looked at two youTube vids and they were both different in what they said.

I pour a small amount of the 7.0 solution into a cup
Power up the meter
Press CAL
place the tip in the solution
wait for it to read 7.0 and stop blinking

The trouble is that I compare some other solutions to see how this meter compares to the test drops and I'm getting different results.

I had one that was in the 4.0 range based on the test drops, I get a reading about 4.9 and then later it reads even higher.

I think the problem is that I don't know how to calibrate.

It's a self-recognition single point calibration of either 4.0, 7.0 or 10.0

Does anyone here actually use the pH1 from Eco Testr ?

Eutech Instruments

I have had this tester for about 8 years now and it is still rocking. I just calibrate in 7.0 solution before each use as it only takes about 30 seconds. Rinse with water and put away. Its a bit spendy but 8 years going strong.
1687526931139.png

I have had this tester for about 8 years now and it is still rocking. I just calibrate in 7.0 solution before each use as it only takes about 30 seconds. Rinse with water and put away. Its a bit spendy but 8 years going strong.
1687526931139.png
@Grow AZ This thread is from 2013 - we've all done it mate lol

I got the ECO Testr pH1 used and some GH Standard Reference Solution 7.0

I looked at two youTube vids and they were both different in what they said.

I pour a small amount of the 7.0 solution into a cup
Power up the meter
Press CAL
place the tip in the solution
wait for it to read 7.0 and stop blinking

The trouble is that I compare some other solutions to see how this meter compares to the test drops and I'm getting different results.

I had one that was in the 4.0 range based on the test drops, I get a reading about 4.9 and then later it reads even higher.

I think the problem is that I don't know how to calibrate.

It's a self-recognition single point calibration of either 4.0, 7.0 or 10.0

Does anyone here actually use the pH1 from Eco Testr ?

Eutech Instruments
No but I use a blue lab meter and I use blue lab pH 4.0 and pH 7.0 for calibration what I do is make sure it's clean I put the pH pen in the solution let it get to 4.0 or 7.0 whatever you do first then hit calibrate mine blinks and then shows the reading rinse it off and do the same thing put it in the solution let it get to desired pH or with in .1+ or - and hit calibrate if it doesn't get to the pH calibration soultions pH then that's why you're calibrating it Rinse it off and then test it on the calibration soultion again but don't calibrate it and see what it says but I use blue lab pH solution

Back
Top Bottom