New Veg Closet

Smokeyjoe

It is becoming time to create a second room for mother and clone propagation and I wanted to get some opinions on my plans.

I have a 2x2x6.5 section of my closet that is not used and with the addition of a well placed shelf I felt it would make the perfect Veg room.
I picked up a 2ft T5 for the smaller top shelf to root clones
and a 125w CFL for the lower area for mom and the teenagers. Do you guys think this will be sufficient?
I am going with CFL due to the fact that I will not have to forcibly vent the closet as they produce a lot less heat.
I skipped buying the hood for the 125w because I wasn't sure if 1 would be sufficient and the hood I was looking at held 1 bulb.
The hydro shop seemed to think 1 125 would be sufficient for mom and the teenagers but i like to second guess myself and am looking for any thoughts on the matter before I start/finish building it.
So to clarify, is 1, 125w CFL enough for the teens and mom and should I get the hood? Also wondering about the 2ft t5, seems like its good enough to root clones, just curious what everyone else thinks.
Thanks for the help everyone! Here is a picture of the proposed area.
Veg_002.JPG

as for the cfl it should be enough providing she and the babies dont get to high. sounds like u have a flower room so im guessing the big ones will go in there anyways. A hood will help if ur planning to put the cfl light at the top of the plants. The best thing to do is set it up and find out yaself :) but i will add this, the more light the better (this is reguarding the mother/babies) as for a clone dome/shelf the t5 set up should be perfect and yes make a reflecter/hood if possible, it will only help to distrubte light to the right area. thats my 2 cents.

Yes I am concerned about the amount of light for mom and the babies.
I want to get as much light to them as efficiently as possible to prevent the dreaded stretch but still avoid having to vent the closet.
Thanks for your thoughts on the subject!:cheer:

Anyone else have any input for me?
Wheres Mcbudz when you need him!? /Looks around for Mcbudz:popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom