Newb experiment question

stevemc1979

I have been reading this forum for a couple days now. Lots of good info. My question is this. Is 8000k the the highest color temp that is usable? I ask because, I saw a color spectrum for a 12000k light and it looked to me to have peaks very close the peak blue range in photosynthesis.

I was contemplating running two 6000k or 8000k Xenon with two 3000k xenon. Would this fulfill the grow requirements as far as lighting goes? This should be 10,000 lumens on the low side. I am hoping for an increased efficiency of usable lumens by targeting the proper colors.

Am I crazy? Thanks in advance.

Your spectrum range looks too high. Most are vegging in the 6500k range and flowering in the 3000k range. Do not know of anyone using Xenon lights. 10,000 lumens is not much light for growing unless you have a very small grow area and 1-2 small plants. In my 4x8 grow tent when all lights are on I have approx 250,000 lumen. Light is your plants best friend.

I'd stick with what's tried and true as far as lights... the most important part of the cycle is budding anyway, and you need to stay below 3000k for best efficiency there...

Most growers use MH or 6100K fluros if you want tighter nodes on the plants... but mine got along fine this last grow with a 100,000 lumen HPS start to finish.

Back
Top Bottom