Newbie 16pot hydroponic

I have done a couple grows, but they were a few years ago. I have done Afghan kush, blue cheese, lsd, and g13. I usually grow one strain at a time. Always been soil, this is my first hydro set up so I will be using this forum a fair bit. Hope it goes well and interested to see for myself the difference between soil and hydro.

There are some Hydro growers here, that is for sure, do you have a textbook or reference guide to use, I think if you get the right guys watching your Journal, they will surely help you out, I am sure you have done your homework, good luck, will be dropping in to see how it goes. Cheers

There are some Hydro growers here, that is for sure, do you have a textbook or reference guide to use, I think if you get the right guys watching your Journal, they will surely help you out, I am sure you have done your homework, good luck, will be dropping in to see how it goes. Cheers
Nice one bro. I will deffinitely need some advice and guidance, but I have done my homework of course. Thanks m8

I have done a couple grows, but they were a few years ago. I have done Afghan kush, blue cheese, lsd, and g13. I usually grow one strain at a time. Always been soil, this is my first hydro set up so I will be using this forum a fair bit. Hope it goes well and interested to see for myself the difference between soil and hydro.

Welcome Bigeef. I'm a super newb on my first grow ever. The amount of useful information and good advice I've found in these forums is wild. You're in a good place.

I saw you had experience with LSD in soil and that's going to be my 2nd grow. What was your setup? Did you top or lst? I've found plant training to be the most challenging part of this first grow, going into week 3. I was hoping to keep working on technique during Grow 2.

Welcome Bigeef. I'm a super newb on my first grow ever. The amount of useful information and good advice I've found in these forums is wild. You're in a good place.

I saw you had experience with LSD in soil and that's going to be my 2nd grow. What was your setup? Did you top or lst? I've found plant training to be the most challenging part of this first grow, going into week 3. I was hoping to keep working on technique during Grow 2.

I had 4 lsd in soil with a 400w hps. Wish I'd used a 600 really. However I topped and trained a little but nothing crazy. I ended up with about 5.5oz of nice weed. It's a heavy smoke. I want to do lots more training and perfect that really. My setup wasnt perfect and I've had much better yields with other strains. But setups were much better. What are you currently working with?

I had 4 lsd in soil with a 400w hps. Wish I'd used a 600 really. However I topped and trained a little but nothing crazy. I ended up with about 5.5oz of nice weed. It's a heavy smoke. I want to do lots more training and perfect that really. My setup wasnt perfect and I've had much better yields with other strains. But setups were much better. What are you currently working with?

Man I'd love to have HID's they're just too hot to run in my small space. There's a link to my grow journal in the signature line with all the details. I've got a 2x2x5.3 tent that sits in my office, running a 300W ViparSpectra LED (150W actual) with an outside-the-tent exhaust + carbon filter. Flowering one plant at a time till I have some ground to stand on in terms of experience. I'm waiting on a Mars Hydro TS 1000 LED (also 150W actual) I ordered yesterday. I like the ViparSpectra but the Mars has better coverage, so Mars is going in the tent and I'll use the VS 300 for germ and veg, hopefully get a nice veg/flower rotation going.

Tell me about your soil. I've been using Black Gold Organic, straight out of the bag into the pot. What soil worked best for you, did you add anything to the soil before potting?

I think that all depends on space, scrog or not and what plant it is, that's what is so nice about this site. You can do a little searching around to give you an idea of the way ahead. I think its a good idea to keep the same strain in all the pots, much less diversity in feeding and growth. hopefully you will be able to move the pots around a little to maximize your light coverage. Would be a good idea to sketch out a floor map to scale to give you an idea of what size pots to use and light coverage.

Good Day, SendWaves, I agree LST and fimming or topping are important to max out a plants potential, I am sure that with some strains its not required they fill out there space and stay nice and short all bye themselves, with my tent 5x5 I dont think I have to worry about space, yet, with only 4 plants. I enjoy trying to get them to fill the space, not there yet but working on it. Will drop in to see what you are doing. Lots of time right now, my house as never been this clean. Lol

I think that all depends on space, scrog or not and what plant it is, that's what is so nice about this site. You can do a little searching around to give you an idea of the way ahead. I think its a good idea to keep the same strain in all the pots, much less diversity in feeding and growth. hopefully you will be able to move the pots around a little to maximize your light coverage. Would be a good idea to sketch out a floor map to scale to give you an idea of what size pots to use and light coverage.
That's the thing with dwc...I cant move the pots which Is a bummer because I want to move them out a bit and grow the plants out. However I'm thinking about just topping once and doing some lst. The pots are 20l. Do you think with a dwc system I could top them twice? Because obviously the pots are quite close together so I dont have loads of room? I'm thinking about doing gorilla zkittles or phantom OG from barneys farm. The gorilla zkittles looks amazing and they reckon 650g pm sq.

Quite tall plants, one Sat and one Indica dominant Hybrid, Sativas i have never grown, but i hear they are very fussy and harder to grow, but nice strains. I think you can do some LST and topping, i would not veg longer than necessary, as soon as your canapy is full, install scrog net and flip.

I know you said 16 but you could always bring that down and save some seeds,quality and yield might be better depending on your lights and space.

I don't like it to be to crowded, you need some room to move and work, defoliate, maintenance etc...

All about the res health buddy. Just whether u run sterile res or one with beneficial bacteria in. Temps need to be kept below 19° and very well aerated with good air pumps. A really good res helper is silver roots if sterile and Hydroguard if going the bennies route. Also make sure you feed the air stone pipe through your basket into the res , this way as you bucket check , the roots and stones will come together . This can save a lot of damage to the roots wrapping round the stone and also avoid broke root matter getting back to the pumps pumps. I took the online filter at the manifold out too. Pain in the ass that clogs constantly. Just a few things I wish I had known before getting so far in.
Good luck

Welcome Bigeef!

Have you decided on your nute lineup?

Looks like your getting some great advice!

I'm a newbie myself, just curious also on what equipment you'll be using?

Thanks for your replies guys. I have a new dilemma. So my original plan was: a 16 plant, 4 light, hydroponic rdwc. However I am wondering wether I should put 36 plants in the same space. But take cuttings from a couple decent mothers and just flower them as soon as they have rooted or maybe just 2 weeks veg and do this in a soil set up. Whatever I do the lights will be 4x mars hydro 2000 tsw. Does any one think I can pull nearly a oz off each cutting to flower? 36 of them at a oz each would be great. And I can do perpetual harvest then, use two separate flower rooms and crop every month.

Back
Top Bottom