Newbie has a few questions

Bubba dank

Ive got a nirvana papaya feminised in a 3x3x6 tent with a 600 watt HPS with a carbon filter and vented . She is 30" around and 2' tall in a scrog net and awfully frosty ! This is a sticky , stinky beast ! I switched to 12 / 12 on August 28th and today is October 4th. I'm confused as to whether day 1 of 12 / 12 is day 1 of flower or should I subtract a week or two for transition? This is a 7-9 week flowering g strain and I just wanna get my timing right for my flush before harvest. Thanks for your help .

I've got a lighted scope and I understand when it's time to harvest . But I'm wanting to flush before at least a week before and I'm not sure what to look for as to the timing to start the flush.

My advice would be to start a journal and towards the end of the grow post up trichrome shots regularly and this great community will let you know when to flush. I am sure there are some posts here about when to start flushing, I can't help you beyond what I have read man, sorry.

Thanks guys . I'm like everybody else - giddy as all hell and the calendar is moving way to damn slow for this old man . I've smoked for 30 yrs but I've never planted a seed till 3 months ago and this thing frosty as hell and almost "greasy" . I can stick my hand in the back of the canopy and drag it towards me 1 time through the buds and I have to wash it twice in hot water and dawn detergent to get the sticky off and a third time for the stank !

As far as the calendar bit the guys above are right about judging harvest by trichome color but if you are wanting to know when to count when flowering started some base it on when you switch the lighting schedule but most seem to base it on when the gender shows after the lighting schedule is switched.

Most people count from day of flip to 12/12.

Recently over the last few grows i have not bothered including the first week of flip as i believe their is a transition stage between veg to flowering as the plant produces different hormones etc via light change/hours of darkness to promote flowering... to me it seems a natural state to observe & most of the time it is the 2nd week of flowering when we see a change in the plants development.

I've grown a few strains by Nirvana over the years & the expected total flowering time given with weeks aka 7 to 9 weeks in this case, is when one might expect it to be ready ?

Normally i start checking tric's around mid flowering of expected total flowering time watch/observe adjust length of flowering depending on tric coloring.

I aim for near on 100% cloudy but all is rather an individual choice... so before i start the flush i'm looking at around 75% plus cloudy tric's, ya you thinking that is not 100% fuzzy what ya on about ? but fuzzy knows tric's ripen up during the slow air dry 'n' curing process & the last couple of weeks :thumb:

Mmm grown a few strains by now & not all are equal in tric development as i have had strains show amber tric's in the 5th week with others not showing a single amber tric at the last week of flowering !

Never ever treat em all the same...

Thank you fuzzy . That's what I was thinking about the transition too . I would think it would take the plant at least a few days to realize the days got shorter and a few more to start the budding process . I started with a feminized seed and she actually showed pistols about 7-10 days before I flipped to 12/12 . She is growingin a 5 gal smart pot filled with about 4 gal of coco/perlite in a drain to waste and I'm kinda worried about my nutes. I mix a gallon of nutes every day wth general hydroponics three part at half strength and I feed her a half gallon before the lights go on and I airate the other half gallon for 8hrs before feeding then 8 hrs later I give her a half gallon of straight ph'd water . The plant is strong as hell and as frosty as any plant I have seen on YouTube and I have watched literally thousands of videos in the past 6 months . I would be hard pressed to find 10 leaves on the whole plant that don't have trik's on them now , the buds look like they are encrusted in diamonds under my green led after the lights go off . This is my first grow and I'm growing for medical reasons and I'm hooked . I get as much therapy out of that plant than I have gotten from 4 years of treatment at the VA and my private doctor too . I will never be the same ! :)

Back
Top Bottom