Newbie lookin for some schoolin...

Troublesome

Ok well first off i am setting out to get the best buds and most quantity i can out of my 250 watts. I am on a very tight budget and have got this thing going with little to no $. The light was loaned to me for one grow then i need to get my own, which shouldnt be a problem by that time. I am just tired on payin for buds that arent to their fullest POTential Iv got my grow in my cellar where i have plenty of room just not enough light to fill that much of a space (250 watt hps)... so i made a barrier out of some extra shutters we had laying down there. I thought it was better than nothing but was told that it wont do much for me...??? Ill try to post my pics on here if i can figure it out. I lined the inside of my makeshift wall with tin foil that i got at the dollar store for 1$ for 30 ft. (dullside out). Last year i had alot of potted plants that had mix in them and i just collected all that i could and had enough to fill 4 small plant containers. I planted about 6 or so seeds in each with plans on only keeping 4 in the end. The light stayed on 24 hours and i kept the soil moist. The babies popped out 3 days later and here we are. I was told i had the light too close so when i get the pics i have up the light is now 12 or so inches away. I am very interested in the scrog method of growing and do think that i will get the most out of what im working with that way. I will be getting a better medium soon for when i have to repot them. And as of right this second i am just using water that ive had in gallon milk juges for at lest 24 hours but will be gettin bc hydro nutes because ill be gettin it for free as well... Im very crafty when it comes to hustlin up what i need. I cant seem to come up with any kind of cabinet that my light will fit...so im stuck doing it this way i think. If iv forgotten anything just ask or ill think of something new and post it on here. I hope this helps you guys help me on my quest :) TIPS,TRICKS,HINTS OPINIONS ANYTHING WILL HELP THANK YOU :goodluck:

Sounds like it should work ok. Keep the lights about 24 inches away till they're atleast a foot tall. Just use cheap fertilizer during veg. Miracid is a nice cheap nute that works very well for vegging

No luck finding the poly or any kind of white tarp just got back. I personally know a hydro stores owner goin to give him a call here shortly. did all my pricing and it lookes like i will be able to build my scrog screen and tent, dependeing on how much the poly is, for under 20 bucks!! Sounds good 2 me :) Also its yard sale season!!!!

MY_ROOM_011.jpg

LOVELY_GROUP.jpg

Newest pics just took em today will be building a multi area tent very soon

Hey there Troublesome. Lookin' good.
Only thing I would add that each Plant should be in it's own pot.
If you plan on doing that ...Do it soon before Roots get all Tangled.
:cool:

Ok so by the looks of my plant should i do that now? I just kinda put like 5 to 7 seeds in a pot with plans on only keeping one in each pot. Still a newbie learnin on a tight budget using what i got. Thankx alot weed youve been the best help iv had between here n CC by far. I bought the Grow Bible (second edition) and it is THE SHIT!!!! Beautiful pics and very descriptive

Grow Bible (second edition)...Great Pick Up!

Ok are you using Bagseed? Keep in mind that about 50% will be Males.
So the more plants you start with the Better Chances of getting more Females.
Having the plant like you have them now, More then likely the males (who grow faster) will hog all the space and light.
Do the best you can to split them up.
You can put them in cups (16 oz) For now and use the soil you have in those large pots.
Intil you get more soil.
You will thankful in the long run.
You might loses some but still be better off.
Looks like you have about 24? plants now if you can end up with 10 or more in there own pot. Everyone will be Happy.
Anymore Question Brother?...Shoot.

ok if u insist :) Tent size man should i take a 6ft wide homemade tent and split it into two areas cut off from one another. Im pretty scared i want to keep it simple but im feelin kinda pushed to do a scrog because of the little light 250 hps. and i keep hearing that i need nutes. Im very tight on $ and not sure what i need to get :( I have however racked up on as much knowledge as my brain can soak in. I READ EVERYTHING over n over lol. Iv grown them outside and with hydro nutes and they were so huge and buds were amazing but it just seemed so easy outside though. Inside im where i am and i just feel like now what? I will get the cups right now and transplant TONIGHT 4 SURE and go from there. And WEED i cant thank u enough for takin a lil time to help a confused newbie

If you get some worm castings and make some tea out of them that should hold over for a little bit. I also wouldnt recommend hydro nutes in soil but if you really need to just dont use them for the first 2 weeks or so and be sure to flush them about a week or two before harvest.

Tired and ready for bed up all night dealin with my mess up. Thanks for everybodys help. Im listening to you all and will do as im advised where possible....Worm castings, tea??? I think im just goin to make a trip to the closest hydro shop, which is 30 - 45 minutes away...but iv wanted to check it out anyways. Iv managed not to spend too much money but lets face it, u are going to have to be ready to spend some $ if u want a good outcome. Any advice on some good cheap nutes?? What do you guys use or has everybody turned to hydro now n days??

Ok its been 2 days and the babies are still lookin pretty good. Iv got two or three that have a leaf or two that have yellowed and dried out... crumbled when i touched it... I figure thats due to root damage and the roots cant suck up water so theres the dried up leaves...thats just my guess but all the others still have growth like i never touched em :) SO... so far so good :) New Pics soon i went down there this mornin with my camera and the damn battery was dead, dont like to make too many trips down there so more pics the next time i get down there

Great job Transplantin' Troublesome. :bravo:
I'm sure that it was a Task. :phew:
But Now, My Man you got 20 Plants. Half may be Females.
Gave them 2-3 weeks to settle in. they'll be fine.
Start Gathering your Soil and larger pots intil then.
Continue to research to know whats around every corner in the Future.
Have you ever read anything about Hempy Buckets?
Great Work Brother, I assure you did the very best for your plants providing them with their own home. :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom