Newbie needs advice with setup of 10' x 10' growroom

you only need one room for my method you just change your bulbs.and it dont hurt to pick up a few books for reference and ideas.

Thanks for your info. I love it. Where would you buy seeds and is there a breed you would recommend that you think you would choose if you were in our shoes? No basements in our area, btw. I really want to stay away from hydro for our first grow.

you only need one room for my method you just change your bulbs.and it dont hurt to pick up a few books for reference and ideas.

So you are saying you have two sets of bulbs. One for vegging and one for flowering? Just four plants? After four months how much do you think we yield with this setup?

Also, can you clarify this statement?

"I would go with the roots or Soul line for soil"

I'm just not sure what you mean here. Thanks so much for the advice!

One thing I'm concerned about is the startup. Obviously costs are high. I've read a lot of different things about how long it takes to get a crop. I've read as little as two months to as high as 13+ weeks. I'm going to be starting from high quality clones. How long can we actually expect? Any ways/techniques to ensure we have something after two months?

Two months? No way. You can get some smokable bud in that time, but it wouldn't be saleable. Auto-flowering plants will finish in 90 days, and I also finished 2 non-autos, Super Lemon Haze and Jamaican Dream, in 90 days from seed (13 weeks). 90 days is doable, depending of course on your strain choice(s). But that's with very little vegging, so smaller yield. 4 months is a better benchmark average - 3 cycles a year for a non-perpetual grow.

Figure 40-60 days in veg and 60-80 days in flower. I get my one ounce per sqft that way.

I'm looking at maybe picking this one:

Bomb THC Bomb Feminised Seeds
Type: Indica/Sativa Mix
Indoor/Outdoor: Indoor/Outdoor
Plant Height: Short (65-90cm)
Indoor Flowering: 7-9 Weeks
THC: Very High (20-25%)
Harvest Outdoor: Sep-Oct
Yield: Very High (550-650g/m²)
Stoned/High: Strong, all round buzz

I'm still not sure why seeds would be so much better than clones? Wouldn't clones just get me 2 weeks closer to crop? I understand you may have to deal with other garden's pests, etc. but anything else make a big difference in quality or yield?

Thanks for your info. I love it. Where would you buy seeds and is there a breed you would recommend that you think you would choose if you were in our shoes? No basements in our area, btw. I really want to stay away from hydro for our first grow.

Check out TGA base and TGA Super soil, No need for nutes

Check out TGA base and TGA Super soil, No need for nutes

Thanks. I think I will order that.

The big thing I'm still worried about is yield. If we can't do 1.5lbs per month (6lbs for 4month grow), We'll be running negative. So if we do 4 plants, we have to do 1.5lbs per plant. Maybe we really need a bigger space than 10'x10'. If we did a 20'x20' garage, we could do 16 plants theoretically I believe. That would do it for sure.

Thanks. I think I will order that.

The big thing I'm still worried about is yield. If we can't do 1.5lbs per month (6lbs for 4month grow), We'll be running negative. So if we do 4 plants, we have to do 1.5lbs per plant. Maybe we really need a bigger space than 10'x10'. If we did a 20'x20' garage, we could do 16 plants theoretically I believe. That would do it for sure.

Don't jump to any conclusions yet - keep rolling it all around in your head. For instance, the 420 growers who are operating on your scale run 4-5 sqft per plant. In your garage scenario (24x24), you have room for 7 - 4x6 trays in flower under 14 - 600 watt HIDs, typically 6 or so plants per tray. That's about 4 sqft per plant, and each should yield 4 oz or more. That's 24 oz per tray, every 8-10 weeks (in a perpetual).

In soil, yes, you should go 10 gallon pots or more.

[Edit] I was looking over your numbers again ... for your 6lb/4 mo goal you need 100 sqft under light - four 4x6 trays - so you're close. Still need room to get around the plants ...

Don't jump to any conclusions yet - keep rolling it all around in your head. For instance, the 420 growers who are operating on your scale run 4-5 sqft per plant. In your garage scenario (24x24), you have room for 7 - 4x6 trays in flower under 14 - 600 watt HIDs, typically 6 or so plants per tray. That's about 4 sqft per plant, and each should yield 4 oz or more. That's 24 oz per tray, every 8-10 weeks (in a perpetual).

In soil, yes, you should go 10 gallon pots or more.

[Edit] I was looking over your numbers again ... for your 6lb/4 mo goal you need 100 sqft under light - four 4x6 trays - so you're close. Still need room to get around the plants ...

I love math. I had no idea this would be so fun. I think I'm starting to get it.

So let me do a quick breakdown.

We could do a garage or maybe two bedrooms (larger than 10x10) for this:

7 4x6 trays
42 10 or 15 gallon pots
42 OG Kush clones
14 HID 600watt lights
TGA base and supersoil (no nutrients needed)

This is just the veg room. We need a separate room for flowering with different lighting arrangements (12/12) and bulb colors so we can have a perpetual setup. Then we can basically keep production going every two months.

That should net us at least 10lbs and we would have plenty of room for error (6lbs in 4months is our minimum).

Does this look correct?

I love math. I had no idea this would be so fun. I think I'm starting to get it.

7 4x6 trays
42 10 or 15 gallon pots
42 OG Kush clones
14 HID 600watt lights

This is just the veg room. We need a separate room for flowering with different lighting arrangements (12/12) and bulb colors so we can have a perpetual setup. Then we can basically keep production going every two months.

That should net us at least 10lbs and we would have plenty of room for error (6lbs in 4months is our minimum).

Does this look correct?

Damn this is going to be one hell of a grow room :thumb:

7 4x6 trays
42 10 or 15 gallon pots
42 OG Kush clones
14 HID 600watt lights

Does this look correct?

Well, this is the 12/12 sealed flower room. The veg room/space/area needs to be big enough to raise up the youngsters, but for much of the time they'll be in one gallon pots or smaller, so they won't need nearly the room or the light. You'll get 4 vegging plants in the same space that one flowering plant needs. Figure sorta half the size. If you split a 24x24 garage at 16 feet, it'd be ideal - 8x24 veg plus 16x24 flowering.

I'm glad you like math. I can give people headaches sometimes. :scratchinghead::phew::confused:

This scenario would yield 1 oz/sqft per 10 weeks. That's 168 ounces/10 weeks (7-24 sqft trays).

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Well, this is the 12/12 sealed flower room. The veg room/space/area needs to be big enough to raise up the youngsters, but for much of the time they'll be in one gallon pots or smaller, so they won't need nearly the room or the light. You'll get 4 vegging plants in the same space that one flowering plant needs. Figure sorta half the size. If you split a 24x24 garage at 16 feet, it'd be ideal - 8x24 veg plus 16x24 flowering.

I'm glad you like math. I can give people headaches sometimes. :scratchinghead::phew::confused:

This scenario would yield 1 oz/sqft per 10 weeks. That's 168 ounces/10 weeks (7-24 sqft trays).

:cheesygrinsmiley:

Okay, yeah. I got my rooms switched. Haha.

For first crop, we don't really need a veg room. I'll put the baby clones in the flowering room and grow them from babies all the way to completion. Only as I gather clones from that first crop will we need our veg room. Is my understanding correct?

Also, my understanding is that the first crop will take 4 months, but future crops will take 10 weeks because we are gathering clones from cuttings which will be growing themselves during the process, correct?

Okay, yeah. I got my rooms switched. Haha.

For first crop, we don't really need a veg room. I'll put the baby clones in the flowering room and grow them from babies all the way to completion. Only as I gather clones from that first crop will we need our veg room. Is my understanding correct?

Also, my understanding is that the first crop will take 4 months, but future crops will take 10 weeks because we are gathering clones from cuttings which will be growing themselves during the process, correct?

I believe you understand correctly, sir! :thumb:

Okay, so at the end of this we have our nugs. And we can sell any excess clones we get. But what of the 42 big bushes we will have? There's still THC in the rest of the plant and we will have a lot of plant. Is there some value in the leaves, etc such that is possible to sell off? I guess I'm wondering what else can we extract value from out of the crop? Seeds?

So we should run the lights all the time during the veg stage and 12/12 during the flowering stage. Is that correct?

Another question is when we bring my 42 clones home, should We put them immediately into the 15 gallon pots, or should we put them in small 1 gallon pots and build a small nursery out of 1 or 2 trays and maybe 4 lights or so? And then sort of expand the plants area and containers as they grow. This would save space and money (on lights etc). Or am we better off just to drop them into the 15 gallon pots with all the lights, etc?

If you are using the TGA base soil and super soil put them into 1 gal pots them transplant later in veg growth.

We am getting the super soil and will mix it with ocean forest mix by fox form since I'm not sure we can get the Tga base soil in my area.

So you are saying we can start with a small nursery - ie, fill a couple trays with one gallon pots. This would probably only require a few lights and moveable Mylar walls, etc at the beginning and then expand the area as the plants grow. Is that correct?

We am getting the super soil and will mix it with ocean forest mix by fox form since I'm not sure we can get the Tga base soil in my area.

So you are saying we can start with a small nursery - ie, fill a couple trays with one gallon pots. This would probably only require a few lights and moveable Mylar walls, etc at the beginning and then expand the area as the plants grow. Is that correct?

You should be able to get the base where you find the super soil, and putting clones in a mix of Super soil and Fox Farms OF may be to hot for you clones. And yes let them start in 1 gal containers and then transplant to larger containers when they out grow the 1 gal's

You should be able to get the base where you find the super soil, and putting clones in a mix of Super soil and Fox Farms OF may be to hot for you clones. And yes let them start in 1 gal containers and then transplant to larger containers when they out grow the 1 gal's

Thanks for the info! What percentage would you suggest the mixture of base to super soil for the little babies?

Back
Top Bottom