Newbie question on watering

soilgrower

Hi guys,

I have a quick newbie question. THis is my third grow but first one with a 1000w.

I just entered into flowering about 9 days ago. I have 3 plants in about 20-25l pots. Since I added a 1000w, i have stabilized the temp at 29 C.

So far, I have been watering every 2 days, doing Nutes twice, and then water.

Since I added my 1000w though, after 24 hours, the soil is dry. After 48h, I noticed the leaves were drooping pretty badly on 2 of the plants while the third one not as much.

What should I do? Should I water now ever 24 hours? Should I continue the same feeding cycle or maybe do 1 nute and 1 water? I'm currently giving them about 2l per watering, often times, it runs out the bottom, would increasing the amount of water solve my issue?

Thanks guys, appreciate any advice

The guy at the store i went to suggested that. I'm using Pureblend Bloom right now.

And no, unfortunately I do not have a PH or PPM monitor...

Thanks for the info. I'll boost each plant to 2.5 l and will do just water tonight (PH adjusted of course)

If your plants aren't showing signs of Nutrient burn you can stay with your schedule. How do the leaves look?

Leaves look good! well, maybe a bit of bleaching cause the new light was a bit lower but no signs of burn or deficiencies. Do you think its safe to continue the 2X nutes, 1X water or play it safe and switch to 1:1... I've never had to water so much....

As they grow they will consume more water. That is normal. If your plant looks good I say to stay with what you are doing. Just simply increase the amount of water given on both feeding, and regular waterings. There should be lots of run off after each watering. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Best of luck.

As they grow they will consume more water. That is normal. If your plant looks good I say to stay with what you are doing. Just simply increase the amount of water given on both feeding, and regular waterings. There should be lots of run off after each watering. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Best of luck.

Thanks a lot, appreciate it! Nothing like hesitation and being unsure to ruin your plants lol. I'm confident now :smokin:

1. Increase the amount of water given.
2. Water your plants when they ask for it.
3. It seems like you are feeding them a lot. Plants grown in soil can be fed every 10-14 days. Do you use PH and PPM monitors?

That ^^^^^^^^^^^

2l of water for pots that size is not enough. I usually use ~2 gallons of water for a 5 gallon pot. You want good run off and total saturation of the soil, then let dry. You won't need to water as often either.

For a 20-25L pot, I would use 6-8L of water, whatever gives you a run off of ~30%. Watering is a learned skill and most don't water properly. Under watering leaves dry spots and air pockets in the medium and really hurts root development.

Learn to water by the weight of the pot. Let the pot dry till the plant droops some from lack of water. Pick it up and muscle memory the weight. Then, water heavily till you have good run off and total saturation. Pick up the pot again and muscle memory the weight of a saturated pot. Water again when the pot gets almost as light as totally dry.

I also agree with the nutes every 7-14 days, like a water, water, nute. You might not be having any problems now, but the frequency you are using could lead to build up in the soil. Just keep an eye on your plants, they will tell what they do or don't need.

Pick up a pH meter. It's a invaluable tool. Even the cheapo $20 pH pen will put you way ahead of the game.
:goodluck:

DD

Droopy... alot of food for thought lol. YOur post has made me conside a lot for my next grow, specifically equp qise. THANK YOU!!!!!!

And for this grow, my watering will be more (not what you suggested since i do not have the setup for it) and with the help of 420fied, my grow will definitly bud with more confidence. My last grow ended up at 0.51g/watt, this one, probably the same but the next......... and me who was proud of getting 12oz off of 3 plants under a 400w and a 250w.... I have a lot to learn as well as a lot to enjoy!:thanks:

smack the sides of your containers to make sure the soil has not separated from the sides of the containers due to being dry. runoff usually is instant in this case making you think they have plenty of water.

In 2-1/2 gallon pots, I give plants 2 quarts of water every 2 days, and they use it all.

You should definitely be using at least a PH meter to adjust your water/fert mix PH after adding the fert to the water!

Back
Top Bottom