Nitrogen deficiency?

Martin1981

Is this a nitrogen deficiency? Lower and bigger fan leaves got yellow first, now higher leafes are getting pale green as well. Gave them a 1.5 litre of water with 2ml of GH Micro nutes in it. Would that be enough to fix deficiency or do I have to give more?

Attachments

• 20181003_225013.jpg
    20181003_225013.jpg
    565.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 20181003_225009.jpg
    20181003_225009.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 133
Is this a nitrogen deficiency? Lower and bigger fan leaves got yellow first, now higher leafes are getting pale green as well. Gave them a 1.5 litre of water with 2ml of GH Micro nutes in it. Would that be enough to fix deficiency or do I have to give more?

GH is a 3-part formula including Grow, Bloom & Micro. You should be feeding them a mix of all three and just vary the amounts & ratios during different phases of growth. Also, what is your grow medium & PH? Are you using R/O water?

GH is a 3-part formula including Grow, Bloom & Micro. You should be feeding them a mix of all three and just vary the amounts & ratios during different phases of growth. Also, what is your grow medium & PH? Are you using R/O water?
I usually put three of them together, but I saw one video where guy said that that he was taking out "grow" part out of the mix during flowering, because it doesn't need to grow anymore and his plants were growing ok.Medium is soil, water ph is 6.5, run off ph 6.2. I use RO water, but I do add calmag 1mg per litre.

I usually put three of them together, but I saw one video where guy said that that he was taking out "grow" part out of the mix during flowering, because it doesn't need to grow anymore and his plants were growing ok.Medium is soil, water ph is 6.5, run off ph 6.2. I use RO water, but I do add calmag 1mg per litre.

OK, so most likely what you're describing is known as the "Lucas Formula" and uses just Micro & Bloom in a 1:2 ratio (2 parts bloom to 1 part Micro). I believe ratios can vary somewhat depending on what type of lighting is being used so you may want to research "Lucas Formula" to make sure you're giving the correct ratio of nutes.

I get a few fans that look like this during flower. I just pluck them off and keep going. If it is showing on multiple leaves, I check ph real closely and get it corrected for the type of soil/soilless I am growing in.
Also, if I don’t empty the runoff trays, after a good water/feeding, I notice some of the lower leaves looking like this. May be that the lower part of your root ball stays wet too long. I use mammoth p to fix this. It is expensive but well worth it

I used Lucas formula for a quite some time with GH nutes. It is fine to run throughout the process but yes it will change as you go. I run drain to waste and bout 20% runoff is good to keep it clear. If you could drain it off may help. a decent flush once a week will help on salt/ mineral build up. The damaged stuff will not recover so yah just look at the new growth to tell if it seems better.

Condition got worse. The leaves went red/purple. Run off ph dropped to 5.6.

Attachments

• 20181007_223459.jpg
    20181007_223459.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 73
  • 20181007_223454.jpg
    20181007_223454.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 66
Condition got worse. The leaves went red/purple. Run off ph dropped to 5.6.

Get your PH in check, make sure you have a sound feeding schedule (back to my original response! :D ), and she'll recover, but discolored leaves may not come back and it's always better to have these issues in veg, when you can give time to recover, vs. flower which can effect your yield. :goodluck:

Get your PH in check, make sure you have a sound feeding schedule (back to my original response! :D ), and she'll recover, but discolored leaves may not come back and it's always better to have these issues in veg, when you can give time to recover, vs. flower which can effect your yield. :goodluck:
Im trying to get the feeding sorted after flush. I've added some lime, and it helped with ph for one plant, gonna have to add more then. Strange thing that only one plant went purple, they both get the same feed.

Back
Top Bottom