Noo-b needs help w/ nutrients and watering

mas100378

Hi all,

First grow here. Tried a search and could not find anything. Looking for some simple input.

I am going to be using Fox Farm Ocean with FF's nutrients and utilizing their schedule that is available.

My question: I do not understand when it says 1 tsp/tbsp per gallon of water.

I know that I would not put a gallon of water as a feeding, but do I save this or how can I decipher this? Let's say there is an overlap of two nutrients. I know not to mix both together, so then there is 2 tsp/tbsp per gallon, making that 2 gallons. What is the deal with gallons and do I use the nutrient mix to water until it is watered decent and then water it with the second nute and then simply throw the water out?

Thank you very much!

:thanks:

I will attempt to make it simple for you.

you said:
My question: I do not understand when it says 1 tsp/tbsp per gallon of water.

This is giving you a ratio of nute to a given amount of water. With basic math you can cipher any quantity you want. In a typical situation the nutes are each measured and mixed in a common water res. Typical is at least a gallon jug or larger gallon capacity container.

So it would be a measure in tsp/tbsp of each, as indicated on your schedule in a gallon of water. This will now be your source of water that is given to your plant as needed. Does that clear it up for you? Some have more than one res for various reasons. At this point keep it simple.

To open this back up....

Once I am in the middle of vegging and let's say in the middle of flowering, on average, how much water will I be using when watering them? I have them in 3 gallon containers and will be using Fox Farm's soil. Will I actually be using a gallon of water for each container?

To open this back up....

Once I am in the middle of vegging and let's say in the middle of flowering, on average, how much water will I be using when watering them? I have them in 3 gallon containers and will be using Fox Farm's soil. Will I actually be using a gallon of water for each container?

Most likely, no. There are different opinions on how much to water, when watering. Some like enough run-off to fill the catch tray, then let the soil wick the rest of the water back up over the next few hours. I personally only do this when I want to test the run-off ph. Other than that I water slowly, a little at a time, until I see just a little run-off. In my 2 gallon pots I would use about 1/2 gallon.

Remember...over watering is the number one cause of problems with cannabis.

Hope that helps a little!

Most likely, no. There are different opinions on how much to water, when watering. Some like enough run-off to fill the catch tray, then let the soil wick the rest of the water back up over the next few hours. I personally only do this when I want to test the run-off ph. Other than that I water slowly, a little at a time, until I see just a little run-off. In my 2 gallon pots I would use about 1/2 gallon.

Remember...over watering is the number one cause of problems with cannabis.

Hope that helps a little!

I have a question along these lines, I'll post it here, but if I should have started a thread instead would someone let me know, I don't know if this is Hijacking a thread or not LOL my friend had plants in a seed starting mix, which has no nutes in it, the plants were in it awhile, a few still are, the roots develop really well in this stuff, anyway we started feeding but forgot when a few were transplanted into FF Ocean Forest/Light Warrior, and feed those too, it was just last night, and so far no problems. So even if the plants are working on their 4th set of leaves and have side growth at the nodes, I don't need to feed them until after 3 weeks in the Ocean Forest? by then I may be going into flower, these plants are about a month old if not more, but have only been in the new soil for a week, they were really slowed down from not having a real light for a couple of weeks and they still aren't in a tent. Thanks everyone :peace:

I have a question along these lines, I'll post it here, but if I should have started a thread instead would someone let me know, I don't know if this is Hijacking a thread or not LOL my friend had plants in a seed starting mix, which has no nutes in it, the plants were in it awhile, a few still are, the roots develop really well in this stuff, anyway we started feeding but forgot when a few were transplanted into FF Ocean Forest/Light Warrior, and feed those too, it was just last night, and so far no problems. So even if the plants are working on their 4th set of leaves and have side growth at the nodes, I don't need to feed them until after 3 weeks in the Ocean Forest? by then I may be going into flower, these plants are about a month old if not more, but have only been in the new soil for a week, they were really slowed down from not having a real light for a couple of weeks and they still aren't in a tent. Thanks everyone :peace:

What I can contribute is I found out FF soil is good for 3 weeks due to the nutrients and what not that is already in it. Then you would lightly or moderately nutrient it slowly.

What I can contribute is I found out FF soil is good for 3 weeks due to the nutrients and what not that is already in it. Then you would lightly or moderately nutrient it slowly.

Thanks Mas100378, This makes sense, my buddy has a a couple plants that's leaves are drooping a little after a feeding, while others are doing great! one in particular stands with its leafs erect...there are two with yellow strips on their leaves which I think came from being to close to the light, or sort on nutes, the cool thing is I don't freak-out, 1. they aren't my plants LOL no really thats not why, its from everything I'm learning here, do things a little at a time when possible or at worse a plant at a time until you got it down...thanks for the help bro :peace:

Back
Top Bottom