Northern-Auto droopy leaves

Copy that Cultivator.

If what I'm trying next doesn't work, I'll try your method.

- So basically apparently my plants are eating themselves. Starting from the bottom leaves first(yellow).
- They are not getting enough food. Water temp is good(trick is freeze couple 2l bottles of water and just put them in as needed to adjust temp.
- Oxygen, they need more. So I bought another air pump with 2 tubes, 2 airstones and set it up(2 pumps total 3 airstones total)
- As for the top drippers, he said they're too close to rockwool(at the stage they're in). As my plants grow bigger I'll be moving them further and further from the middle. So i moved them to the proper location.
He told me to set the water pump on 10 mins per hour approx...They we're getting way too much water.
- My roots look way better then 2 days ago. Nice and white.
- Again, the food. He said he would put them on full dose of aggressive (FloraGro,FloraMicro,FloraBloom). So it's what I did.*change full resevoir*
- Other guy said when flowering, even with Auto, change to light cycle 12-12 hrs.
- Talked about h202. Made sure I was using it right.
- I just bought a humidifier and started er up.

All the stuff about autos that I did research online for, it seems like these guys said opposite shit. Like the ''never feed autos too much'' is right out the window. And the thing about 12-12 light cycles for flowering.

What are your thoughts?

you want more than 12-12 for autos to get best yields but im not an expert on them, i think they are pointless for indoor growing.

full dose of nutes? at what strength? you need to be doing nutes by ppm/ec not from the bottle.

Get some beneficial bacteria on the roots it will work wonders.

make sure frozen bottles dont touch the roots or you askimg for more trouble.

Cultivator strength of nuts = the feed chart for the general hydroponics flora series.=aggressive veg.

Lazerus yes I covered it up. Was uncovered for a day only.

Cheers my fellow growers!
Phil

I'm thinking I should just do reg weed next time lol. I have 5 more seeds after this crop done and then I'll change it up.

Phil

People always assume that autos are easier to grow than photos (i thought this too) but they can be tricky. One little screw up can kill your yields. Im glad i started with photos first so i had some practical growing experience before i grew some autos. I still messed up my first few and only got about an ounce each. My current auto i estimate will be around 4 oz, which is better but still not what i had hoped. I already started my seeds for the next grow which will be back to photos just to build up my reserve. Then i think i will give the autos another shot.

420-magazine-mobile1126754516.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2017032963.jpg

So I got that humidifier (sucks),
Helps a bit I guess. 40% is better than 30% I guess.
My plants are on the up and up now, no more droopy.
Got a temp gauge for water. Cooling off the reservoir with 4 reg bottles of frozen water for now until I finish my 2x 2L of pop and use those instead. Didn't end up getting voodoo juice or something like that. So expensive. Everything should be good as long as I'm meeting the ecosystem requirements. Like keeping the water temp under 70.
Anyways will stay on here till she's all done.

Phil

420-magazine-mobile1025913006.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1308469277.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1701100934.jpg

Look at em grow! Saved em. Thank you for the help Cultivator and Lazarus. Your tips as well as others were good. +oubv doing research on internet too. Learning a lot.
I just keep replacing frozen bottles. I did this today with the alum foil. See if it helps cool down the res. Sitting at 70.5F. The next grow, I'll spray the tub white.

Phil

I was doing the ice bottles for a few weeks during my first grow but that sh*t got old, quick. Now I buy those cheap windshield reflectors and cut them to fit my 5 gal buckets. Between that and putting my air pump on my windowsill in the winter and in front of the central air vent in the summer, i haven't had to use ice bottles in months. Rez temps have stayed between ~66° and ~70°.
You are lucky to have Cultivator peeking in on your grow man. He is top notch and knows his way around a hydro grow. Big influence in where i am as a grower today, along with some of the other ace hydro guys and gals. Check out Riflemans journals if you havent already. Good stuff there to bro.
Keep em green and frosty...

I just checked a diy water chiller. So genius and inexpensive. Mini fridge and 2 50ft hoses. I'm sure you know the rest. Never would've thought of that.

Phil

I was doing the ice bottles for a few weeks during my first grow but that sh*t got old, quick. Now I buy those cheap windshield reflectors and cut them to fit my 5 gal buckets. Between that and putting my air pump on my windowsill in the winter and in front of the central air vent in the summer, i haven't had to use ice bottles in months. Rez temps have stayed between ~66° and ~70°.
You are lucky to have Cultivator peeking in on your grow man. He is top notch and knows his way around a hydro grow. Big influence in where i am as a grower today, along with some of the other ace hydro guys and gals. Check out Riflemans journals if you havent already. Good stuff there to bro.
Keep em green and frosty...

Thanks for the kind words Laz .:thanks:

They don't need to be fed from the top,
if you have air stones in the bottom of tub. The
water pump will increase the water temperature.
It's all about air getting fed into the water system.
This is a deep water culture system. Good luck with your grow!

Rockwool is drowning your plants.. it killed mine by making this mistake.. have to take plant out rockwool and plant directly into rocks.

Sent from my SPH-L600 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom