Not sure if my light isn’t close enough or if I’m over watering it

HighLizxoxo

420 Member
Not sure if my light isn’t close enough or if I’m over watering it. I just planted this a week ago and one of them is leaning over.
863E6FFA-AC77-4536-BEE8-A244556C2116.jpeg

At this point in time it looks like it is very likely Damping Off disease. That section of the stem which looks like it is shrinking is one of the signs of the disease which is caused by a soil fungus that prefers moist and wet soil mixes.

Do a google search or use your favorite search engine and look up Damping Off Disease. Read up on what causes the problem and what can be done to prevent it from happening again.

If it is Damping Off then there is very little that can be done to the soil mix or to the plant that can help. Watch it for another day or two and if the shrinking area gets larger you will have to consider pulling it and starting over.

Yup ^ ^ what Smoking said -damping off..... most of the time it’s a goner

Ok that looks like coco.... it’s totally inert and very different from soil, there are specific rules for growing in coco. So before we call for backup tell us what you’ve got going on. What’s your media or mix?

typically for coco that’s gotta be rinsed and/or precharged with very light nutes and ph adjusted. Soil grower here maybe Smoking speaks coco... Soil grows must dry out - coco grows cannot dry out

At this point in time it looks like it is very likely Damping Off disease. That section of the stem which looks like it is shrinking is one of the signs of the disease which is caused by a soil fungus that prefers moist and wet soil mixes.

Do a google search or use your favorite search engine and look up Damping Off Disease. Read up on what causes the problem and what can be done to prevent it from happening again.

If it is Damping Off then there is very little that can be done to the soil mix or to the plant that can help. Watch it for another day or two and if the shrinking area gets larger you will have to consider pulling it and starting over.
Omg you’re awesome thank you for clarifying! I did see that as a reason why it’s leaning like that but I was hoping it wasn’t that lol there goes wishful thinking ‍♀️ I will research why this happens and watch it. Thank you sooooo much

Yup ^ ^ what Smoking said -damping off..... most of the time it’s a goner

Ok that looks like coco.... it’s totally inert and very different from soil, there are specific rules for growing in coco. So before we call for backup tell us what you’ve got going on. What’s your media or mix?

typically for coco that’s gotta be rinsed and/or precharged with very light nutes and ph adjusted. Soil grower here maybe Smoking speaks coco... Soil grows must dry out - coco grows cannot dry out
So currently I am using coconut coir soil and for nutrients I am using fox farm nutrients with cal mag and have my ph reading 6.5. So far I’ve given it only it’s first feeding which was about a third of Soli cup worth

Yep what Bush Doctor said - coco can’t be allowed to dry out, its inert - there nothing in there to feed your plants. yes coco looks like soil but that’s where the similarities end.... it’s not soil it’s a low tech DTW or drain to waste hydro grow method without pumps or air stones etc.

no plain water it’s gotta get nutes. your ph is too high - you are giving ph that’s adjusted for a soil grow to a hydro grown plant.... 5.8 is your target ph, think you gotta have 10% runoff each time. It’s called fertigate the process of feeding and watering - you fertigate or feed & water at the same time again I think it’s no plain water ever.

anywho this ^ is kinda close but you need WeaselCracker or bluter to tune this up

Back
Top Bottom