Deficiency or lights too close

derek910

I’m getting some discoloration on the upper fan leaves on the Liberty Haze. Ph was in the 7s last I watered a few days ago . Got it down to 6.61 right now. Room temp is 78-80F 48%RH lights on. Leaf temp 76F. Lights off it is 76F 52% RH. Not sure if this phosphorus deficiency or lights too close. My lights were 18” above the canopy which is the recommended distance for my lights in flower. I raised them to 19” to see if it helps. Noticed it a little yesterday. It is more noticeable today

EC303DDA-4054-4009-B20F-C7CC151F9D83.jpeg

Here is a link to my journal

I think it maybe Immobile nutrients because it is starting from the top... Also sometimes with certain strains during the bloom stage the fan leaves will loose some color or change color a bit this is because your plant is focusing on making your buds and not focusing on feeding the fan leaves as much anymore. If your still worried about light burn just raise the lights a bit more.. lol
thumbsup.gif
Goodluck

When you quote pH, are you talking runoff? Hit it with high P-K if you haven't already. I don't think it's light burn.

Yes the runoff was in the 7s. I added nutes and got the ph to 6.61 today. Hopefully that’s what it is. Pretty sure everything is locked out in soil with a ph as high as it was. I believe it was 7.1. Can’t remember

Runoff isn't a good indicator of soil pH. For instance, if you run an acidic nute through an alkali soil, the runoff pH will be lower than the soil pH because you started with an acid. The only way to get a true soil pH is to make a thick slurry with pure water, and take the pH of that soil slurry. I only grow in soil in the greenhouse, and don't even worry about pH there. Maybe others will speak up.

After you add nutes, yes

Man I’ve been doing this wrong for a couple years. I read when I first started to check the runoff for ph and ppm and that’s what I’ve been doing since. This makes more sense and a lot easier than chasing ph all up and down the damn scale based off the runoff. I’m going to try my hand at an organic grow with some clones I cut from these plants next. I’d like to see what the differences are between organic and synthetic. I figure what better way then same genetics and environment. I’ve always used synthetic. Thanks

Ppm is different than pH, but it really is irrelevant if you know what's going into the soil

There are times to monitor runnoff, but not usually needed

Look up Emily's how to water thread, think she talks about it in there

Back
Top Bottom