Notre Dame basketball player dismissed from school for pot charge

hossua34

My jaw just about hit the floor when I read this... How sorry would you be feeling for yourself if this happened to you?? And, do you think they would do this to any student caught with weed, or are they making an example out of him because he's an athlete? I thought it usually worked the other way around...

https://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9949425

EDIT: Initially it was reported that he was kicked out for GOOD. But I guess it's just this semester.

DanknBeyond said:
hmm, being arrested means he had over 30gs on him, its a misdemeanor for anything less. just shows you don't need to carry large amounts w/you
then again, if the laws were betting it wouldn't matter, but don't fight the law change them!

(...my bad, meant to make that a reply.)

Ummm... actually, it WAS a misdemeanor and he DID have less than 30 g's... a lot less, apparently; the news stories say all officers found was a blunt in his ashtray.

It is certainly legal and not at all uncommon for police officers to arrest people for misdemeanors. It is almost always up to the officer's discretion as to whether to issue a citation or to make an arrest, however. It doesn't surprise me that some hick cop decided he'd take in a dope-smoking basketball player (he probably thought that made him black)...

i sent them an email.

nothing rude or uncalled for, just my thoughts on the situation.

even if only one person reads it and deletes it, thats something to me.

Back
Top Bottom