NPK in vermi? What soil NPK is needed?

Actually its mostly the avocado scrapings left on the skin but its the skin they love to have a worm orgy under and create little worms.
I remove the skin when its totally spent.
Comfrey is good, I might try to get some seeds and plant some way out in the woods near my house so I can use it in compost and for worm food
Can get Bocking 14 cultivar of Comfrey its sterile unless you run it over with a mower. I grow it here and in Philly I could harvest 4-6 times a year and into the compost bins like described above in @Pondwater copy and past.

They will sell it as a rooting. IF you are in a warmer clime they they can get big. Say 2-3 feet around and 2-3 feet tall with flowers the bees go crazy on. We plant them next to our garden in a smaller plot. Can just take a few leaves and lay them down on the soil around the plants as a top dress. They be gone in a few days that fast its awesome.

Once they finish flowering and the bees have their thing then cut down to the crown with a serrated knife then all the cutting into the compost bin.

Coots says to cut it up - I never needed to to that. It's a green compost and will heat up your vermi-bin and the worms go crazy. Mix in some rock dust for the worms and some your list .... this really makes a difference.

Oh yeah I remember seeing a guy doing that with the avocado skins on youtube - I thing you pointed me to it I forgot. I'll have to try it for sure. We eat a fair amount of them prolly could collect the skins in the freezer for next spring which for us is like 6 months away.

Heey my copy and pastes was word perfect i didnt make a single typo haha.
Plus i added 5 words in the middle ayyee ..am on a roll to be the next growicon here lol.

Gibes me an idea that...gona plant all the composters i need along the river bank here sure they wont mind. Its left to rot anywhoo

Back
Top Bottom