Nurient nightmare, need help... again

Lusi

Nutrient NightMares, what is Wrong?

These issues have been going on for a while. I just can't find a solution to make these plants happy. :-( This is a page from my journal... I've done everything I can think of to figure the problems and fix them. Plz Help!!

Here is Twister. The large lower leaves are still folding in. The undergrowth has dark veins in pale edges. The rest of the leaves twist, just like the older plant of this strain. What is wrong??? I've fed MagiCal hoping that covers the nutes. PH going in between 5.5 and 6.5. PH out 6.8 to 7.

Here's some pics:
twisters_leaves_prob.jpg

Twister_unhappy_19Dec10.jpg

Twister_Mag_def_prob.jpg

Fluffy is treated the same as Twister, even though she is a mutant clone from back in September... This clone is all branches, not sure how that happened.LOL Was my first attempt to clone and one one to live. :-( She has the same nute issues as Twister, they just appear a bit different:

Fluffy_needs_which_nute.jpg

fluffy_twisting_leaves.jpg

fluffy_nute_mg.jpg

Today, these were both transplanted into 3 gallon pots. They have very healthy roots and know visible pests. My best guess for what makes the leaves do this is over ferting, PH, Mag, N, or Ca. How can I tell which it is? The Magical was given on 3-4 days ago. I see no changes. New growth is better... Fert meter says not enough. It must be broken. :-( My schedule is to feed every 3 waterings.

Help???

If that wasn't enough... the flowering plants are getting worse and worse... I surrender!!!! What is wrong with them?

This is an older version of Twister above. At least I know it is the strain that has the curling and twisting leaves. Still, the plant is a train wreck! She germinated in Early August and was outside a few months. When younger, she also had twisted folded leaves. Both plants PH 6.8, watered with 5.5-6. I've flushed the, the both and re-fertilized them. No changes. My last try was to use MagiCal. Nada. These tucked leaves make great hiding spots for bugs. I've found and tried to kill the mites in the curled leaves. I'm sure there are more, but none visible to me or with visible damage. I'll spray every 3 days for 3 cycles with pyrethrum, just in case. This is hy these 2 plants are flowering in a separate room and not in the tent.

Here is an older pic of both plants when they had fan leaves:
twins_Dec_2010.jpg

Here's WS:
WS_full_curl.jpg

Here's the close up of the curls. Notice how few pistils and how tiny the leaves remain now that the fan leaves are dead. The leaves are about an inch long. ???!

WS_under_curl.jpg

More of WS when she had fan leaves:

WS_drooping.jpg

WS_curled_leaves.jpg

WS_curled.jpg

While I'm showing the problem plants and flowering plants in the other room, I might as well share BBG. She is a Shiva Shanti II plant and has been raised exactly the same as WS! The caterpillar corn borers hit her hard and I had to cut off the tip and many buds. She is short and compact with dense thick nuggets. A shame she is dying! All of her fan leaves are now removed, so other are turning brown/ white with purple in the veins. Flushed many times and re-nuted. No change. So farm I do not have one single healthy plant to put in my new tent. This blows.

Here's BBG:
BBG_sick_2.jpg

BBG_sick_1.jpg

All fan leaves are dead and removed from both plants. Now the other leaves are turning white. Often purplish veins in the middle of BBGs leaves. Notice the leaves turn white/tan, not yellow. The dark purple stays in the veins till the end. Stems are weak. WS only grows tiny 1-2" leaves!! She has further to go than WS. I don't know what to do... PH in is 5.5-6.5, PH out is 6.8-7.0.

BBG_bud_close.jpg

BBG_dead_fan.jpg

Man, I hope someone knows what to do... It's 0530 am and I'm too tired to edit this post... wing it. TY for looking! Here's the full story in my new journal:
Lusi's 1st Indoor Grow Journal - In My New GL80L Tent

I hope the new grow will go a bit better... even if it is the first inside. :wood:

what soil do you use? only only did soil twice and I would only use Plagron! got everything it needs for around 6 weeks only then you need to add food which I would then suggest Biobizz organic. Great stuff!

pyrethrum is great for mites but I think every 7 days max! kill the mites with your bare hands!

Least you got something! remember practice makes perfect ;-)

Hi! I read about these quality soils people use, but darn if I can find a place that sells these brands. I'm lucky enough to find soil that's not full of bugs and fungus gnats flying about. I have generic potting soil, then mix in perlite and sand. I tried mixing in Dr. Earth and other fertilizers that should last two months, but the plants looked like they had nute burns. When I flushed them, all those high priced ferts went down the drain. I've never heard of Plagron soil. I'll look for this one next time I'm at the store. The only good soil I found here is made by Dr. Earth, a local CA company, and was $22. Wow!

Do you have any ideas what is making my plants look so bad?? Do you spray on a schedule, even if you don't see any bugs? I'm thinking this might be the safest way... I discovered on the of the house foggers at home Depot used Pyrethrum as their beg killer. One box of 3 is $20. The online Pyrethrun spray is over $25 per can!! I need to find out more before trying it... Permethrin is easier to find, but not organic. I'm tired of bugs. For now, I don't see any on my plants. There are gnats all over the house, but they are too large to be fungus gnats. Not sure if they are bad for the plants, or just annoying to me. :-(

I haven't tried Biobizz yet. I tried Botanicare, no good. I now have a starter kit of Technifloira that has so many things in it, I'll never use it up, I haven't used it yet as it's just for the new batch of seeds. :)

Back
Top Bottom