Nut problem or a fungus?

go4snypr

We have a few plants in flower, they have been in there since march 15th. They are starting to yellow which I know is normal, but I am not sure if this is a nute problem or a fungus problem. I have no idea the humidity, as we have never checked it. Temps are high 70 - low 80's. the water is being ph'ed, we are moving lots of air. It has a 120 cu/ft per min intake, 420 cu/ft per min exhaust.
20130415_182634.jpg
I think it is a nute problem, but the old guy has it in his head that we have a fungus or disease problem, (not sure why he thinks this). Just looking for some input, thanks.

here is another pic, same plant, doesnt look as bad sorry its a crappy pic
20130415_182604.jpg

Thats what I thought too, we will bump up the nutes a bit. On a slightly different note, when we cut the nutes off completely in the last couple of weeks, there is no reason to even look at the leaves anymore?? as they will all be going deficient. We have a few buds that are looking "different". I am assuming it is the strain, but being as we are cutting off the nutes there isn't much we can do. Here are 2 pics, 2 different plants, the first one looks great (sorry the pic is upside down), and the second one looks "different' to me, maybe sick, maybe strain, i have no idea. any input would be great. (keep in mind, these pics are of later stage flowering plants than the ones above).
20130415_184557.jpg
20130415_184641.jpg

opinions would be great!!

I don't worry about how the leafs look in the last 2 weeks of the flush to be perfectly honest...

What you maybe experiencing with different bud growth is of a phenotype genetic of strains involved in the crossed breeding of the strain grown... it may show a few types from growth formation to taste/aroma & over all high.

Even inverted those buds look amazing! kudos!
On the second pic, too many white hairs so the bud's still growing and developing, let it grow for a few more weeks. I don't think there's anything wrong with it, as a matter of fact I believe it looks amazing, just a bit immature. Post a pic in about three weeks.

If you're flushing then don't worry about the leaves since there's not much you can do given the limited amount of time left 'til harvest. Fungus are more likely to grow on the buds than on the leaves (way more moisture within the bud than on the surface of the leaves). Plus, a fungus is a living organism so it grows, so when looking for it you should see a layer (the fungus) upon the affected surface instead of a kind of burn, which is sign for a nut build-up (which may cause a deficiency). Also fungus are for the most part white in color and normally fuzzy-ish.

The buds on the first photo also look a bit immature still, give them a few more weeks as well.

Good luck and happy growing!

Glad you think it looks good, hopefully it helps dads pain, the bottom one I figured was a little behind the other one, but we were thinking of pulling some of them this weekend. I ordered a jewelers loupe but it has not arrived in the mail, so I can not check the trichs. Thanks for the info on the fungus'. I thought it was nute deficiency myself, but dad for some reason though fungus.

Don't pull them out yet (that's what she said), if you're thinking in doing an early harvest then you need to flush it real good first, although I would advice against harvesting now because you can tell that they still have a way to go and you'll definitely affect overall yield and potency, I understand that you may be eager to ease your dad's pain but it is when the trichomes are mostly amber that the meds work best for pain relief. If you harvest while the triches are still clear then you should definitely not harvest yet. For best results I would advice you to harvest when the triches are mostly amber, I'd say 40/60. It may be worth experimenting by harvesting at different stages.
Just remember to flush real good, slow dry (not too slow, tho), and cure them for at least 10 days.

Good luck and happy growing!

they R beauties is my Opinion. Nice and hellla Fat.

Yeah, we have some plants that look a lot closer to finished than others, the bud in the bottom pic and the ones like it will be given more time as we are not in a big rush (at least i am not, but dad is getting excited). Like I said, I am waiting for a loupe to look at the trichomes. We cut the nutes off a couple of weeks ago now, I am just hoping that the ones that will need more time will not be to badly effected by cutting the nutes off too early. The drying and curing stage will be a learning process as well, as this is our first grow.

Back
Top Bottom