Nute burn? Claudette needs your help!

vespertine

420-magazine-mobile1662787824.jpg
420-magazine-mobile554416539.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Claudette is a Berry White clone transplanted 11 days ago into a 5 gallon bucket with organic soil that has perlite & worm castings & unfortunately wood pulp. I didn't know until it was said & done.

What strain is it?
-one Berry White hydro clone
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?
-hybrid of blueberry & white widow
What percentages?
- no clue
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
-clone (Claudette) transplanted 11 days ago
-24 hour veg
Indoor or outdoor?
-indoor closet 4x6x8
Soil or Hydro?
- soil... organic mix from Walmart that contains perlite, worm castings & nutrients... also contains horrible wood pulp~ I DIDN'T KNOW!

If soil... What size pot?
-Claudette (clone): 5 gallon bucket with holes for drainage
Size of light?
-as I understand, it is a 400w high pressure sodium with a 30w metal halide bulb. No idea what this means... still researching it
Is it aircooled?
-small oscillating fan
Temp of Room/cab?
- between 78°F & 81°F

RH of Room/cab?
-48%
PH of media or res?
- about 7.7
Any Pests ?
-no
How often are you watering?
- Claudette has been watered once with plain tap water I left out overnight
Type and strength of ferts used?
- none yet

Yep. She's a little perturbed. Soil might be a bit acidic with wood pulp.. maybe. Peat based would be better IMO, but it might be more watering related than anything. I'd let that pot dry out real well. To where is very light when you pick it up but the plant is not quite wilting. Give it a good soaking with water around 6 ph, but not all at once. Maybe in two or three stages until you can feel the weight gain, but not get overly heavy. Water dispersal in soil is critical. Keep doing that for a few weeks and I bet she'll come around. If you can check you run off ph levels it wouldn't hurt. You could also transplant into a soil without the wood pulp, but her roots are ticked off at the moment. I think I'd flush it first and see how it goes.

Good recovery vibes to both of you :)

:Namaste:

What strain is it?
-one Berry White hydro clone
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid?
-hybrid of blueberry & white widow
What percentages?
- no clue
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
-clone (Claudette) transplanted 11 days ago
-24 hour veg
Indoor or outdoor?
-indoor closet 4x6x8
Soil or Hydro?
- soil... organic mix from Walmart that contains perlite, worm castings & nutrients... also contains horrible wood pulp~ I DIDN'T KNOW!

If soil... What size pot?
-Claudette (clone): 5 gallon bucket with holes for drainage
Size of light?
-as I understand, it is a 400w high pressure sodium with a 30w metal halide bulb. No idea what this means... still researching it
Is it aircooled?
-small oscillating fan
Temp of Room/cab?
- between 78°F & 81°F

RH of Room/cab?
-48%
PH of media or res?
- about 7.7
Any Pests ?
-no
How often are you watering?
- Claudette has been watered once with plain tap water I left out overnight
Type and strength of ferts used?
- none yet

Excellent. Snuck that in on me :laughtwo: But I still say the same thing. Tap water is highly suspect also. Sitting it out over night is fine unless they use the other form of chlorine in your water that never goes away. I forget the name of the stuff but I do know you can check with your utility people as to what they use.

7.7 ph is pretty high. Shoot for around 5.5-6.5 for your water. 6 being nominal. ;)

Thank you sooo much electric gypsy~ I go into more detail in my journal, but she was a surprise gift so I hadn't done enough research at that time. My friend grows hydro so didn't know anything about soil & we picked out what we thought would be best... perlite, worm castings & nutrients. I actually lost 2 clones & I believe it was the soil now. Since Claudette is only 11 days in the soil, I didn't want to repot right away.

When you say "do that for a few weeks..." does that mean once a week when it's watering time normally? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just total a total grow noob.

Also, the soil ph reads around 7.7. I dida litmus testing the one time I watered her & it was 7.

Thank you sooo much electric gypsy~ I go into more detail in my journal, but she was a surprise gift so I hadn't done enough research at that time. My friend grows hydro so didn't know anything about soil & we picked out what we thought would be best... perlite, worm castings & nutrients. I actually lost 2 clones & I believe it was the soil now. Since Claudette is only 11 days in the soil, I didn't want to repot right away.

When you say "do that for a few weeks..." does that mean once a week when it's watering time normally? Sorry if this is a dumb question, just total a total grow noob.

Not a dumb question at all lol. Watering is the number one mistake people make. Even those of us who have done it for 30 plus years :laughtwo: We just know how to recover quicker than the new people. I don't look at watering as a schedule thing beyond checking my pot weight with a quick pick up or tilt. Basically I'm advising you to flush it and get the soil ph to a better level. BUT, the watering habits will always apply in every stage with a little exception at a week or two before harvest where they can be brought and held at capacity. Otherwise letting the soil dry out completely before watering is critical for good root development which is actually what you are having issues with. Dispersal when watering is also very important though not many will say much about it. Many are water dumpers lol.

Gotcha! I only read about the weight technique after I watered her once!

For some reason I can't pm... says I don't have permission...?!

Back
Top Bottom