Nute burn or deficiency, Help Needed - lots of pictures

Hi there,

I have an issue growing with Canna coco, and I have grown with canna coco before with great sucess, but had a break 2 years

I am currently feeding them Canna Coco A and B ( not have PPM meter as it broke down so can not test the nutrients ) But I did around 30ml pr 10 l each
and with 25ml cannazym and 5ml rhizotonic.

My PH is at around 5,8 - 6,0
I use Tap wather around 200ppm ( Soft water )

And it is only happening in the Flowering room and not vegg room

Any ideas?

DSC_00755.JPG

DSC_00764.JPG

DSC_00779.JPG

DSC_00786.JPG

DSC_00808.JPG

DSC_00817.JPG

DSC_00825.JPG

DSC_008311.JPG

DSC_00845.JPG

DSC_00852.JPG

DSC_00864.JPG

DSC_00877.JPG

DSC_00885.JPG

DSC_00895.JPG

DSC_00908.JPG

DSC_00915.JPG

DSC_00926.JPG

DSC_00965.JPG

DSC_00986.jpg

I know it is a lot of pictures hehehe, and it is really depressing so see.
I have grown with coco before and had no issues, heck this is my first issue ever growing marijuana.
I am speechless and not have a clue what it can be.

Re: Nute burn or deficiency, HELP NEEDED lots of pictures

im no expert but looks like over feeding nutrients leaves are curling under try flushing

You said you are using tap water that is softened?

I suspect the biggest issue you have is salt build up due to the softening. This is causing all kinds of issues. (lockups) Stop using soft water. You would be far better served using your hard water as is. What I would concern myself with most is the total alkalinity of the water.

Flush with RO water and stop using soft. Also note the damage is done, it wont be reversed. Best you can do is stop it from getting worse.

Good Read
Soft Water in a Nutshell

I will stick my neck out there and say you may also have a bad calcium deficiency. Not all that uncommon in coco.

I am using tap water and the water is at 200 ppm.
I do not make it more soft myself :)

I do not do anything with my water, it runs 7.0 Ph out my sink and at 200 ppm.
I have used same water before 2 years ago in hydroponic using canna aqua with no problems.

But this salt build up, will this only be an issue under flowering, cuz in vegging av I have such problems.

Thanks for the help :)

I am using tap water and the water is at 200 ppm.
I do not make it more soft myself :)

I do not do anything with my water, it runs 7.0 Ph out my sink and at 200 ppm.
I have used same water before 2 years ago in hydroponic using canna aqua with no problems.

But this salt build up, will this only be an issue under flowering, cuz in vegging av I have such problems.

Thanks for the help :)

Read the linked thread and you will understand why. The calcium and magnesium are replaced with sodium in the softening process. The requirements are higher in flower for certain minerals. The ugly usually don't show till then. It takes time for the salt(sodium) to build up as well. At that point it is locking out others. Multiple issues. Good thing about coco is it flushes easy. Run 2x the container capacity of RO water through it and start the nutes over with a good water source. I find with coco, if watered frequently flushes are usually not required. It basically flushes every time you water, if you do it heavy. Haven't over watered one yet.I do this daily in my practice as they are in flower. This is not taking into account soft water. It's just a bad choice all around in my book.

Educate yourself on water quality and create or buy a good clean reliable source. I also suggest you get a pool test kit, it will allow you to check your total alkalinity. Then one can decide if the source water is acceptable or not for the garden project at hand.

You can recover and finish.

:morenutes:

forgot to mention: Coco is a salts pig, it holds on to them by nature.

I have read a lot and asked some growers I know here in my city.
None of them have had any problem issuing with the water quality here in Norway.

We have really good quality water here, I think I messured it at 200ppm.
I think the issue you all see may be because nutrient lock out at high feeding, and that cause calmg def, and so on.

I think I will get them on track again as I get my EC meter will arrive.
I just made an order today ( bought the one from hydrograden with calibration ). I will also switch back to hydroponic next time.

But still open to any comments :)

The nutrients I use is for both hard and soft them say :)

Is every one using soft water? Where is it softened? If so is it being softened with potassium or sodium? Naturally soft is another issue as well. The Canna nutes should be ample in the coco environment. Or so they advertise it that way. My experience has shown coco will hold onto salts as well as CA/Mg. By using softened water you are overloading the cation exchange with sodium or potassium and locking things up. Most first responses are to treat what appears and that is in my experience so far is usually the calcium deficiency that appears. Hence making matters worse yet again. The flush you did was probably the single most significant action taken. It alone will help the coco release the salts and allow to address the deficiencies. You may as well finish with out further issue. If you insist on running the soft water try more frequent watering, mini flushes more or less. All of this is strain dependent or influenced as well.

But as stated before total alkalinity makes a world of difference. If your source of water is a controlled and monitored municipality then its likely not to bad. 20 is a good number. If you are on an aquifer then it is dependent on environmental changes as well. My well is such an animal.

Just sayin is all, only you have all the facts before you

Back
Top Bottom