Is this nute burn? White tips new growth only

AgedMaster

skunk number 1 autoflower

canna coco pro plus
3 gal fabric pots
canna a and b, rhizotonic ,canna boost
feeding to run off
week 6

i upped the feed to 1400ppm from 1200ppm my tap water is 400ppm this is when i noticed white tips its only affecting new growth i did not realise that autoflowers take less feed also it seems to affect the biggest of the 3 more one seems perfectly fine the dark photo is the unaffected one. there also a little droopy as lights just came on
WP_20220714_11_51_37_Pro - Copy.jpg
WP_20220714_11_40_25_Pro - Copy.jpg

Good morning, hope all is well. So for better help can we please have a photo or two in natural lighting? It'll help us see what you see better....but from going off the photos. ...
The bright yellow tips in the first pic are just a bit to much nutes....which is fine means she has all she needs.

And for the second pic all I see is bright green new growth which is completely normal?

Good morning ...the bright yellow tips in the first pic are just a bit to much nutes....which is fine means she has all she needs.

And for the second pic all I see is bright green new growth which is completely normal?

But pictures in natural lighting will help us see what your seeing.
its a little hard to get them in natural light as im on ground floor flat to many thiefs about my area second pic everything is all good just showing difference between other 2 ive lowered feed a little for now will up again next week thanks for help bud

So your in coco so I cannot speak to much about it....but I always give my ladies a bit extra nutes.... Id rather have a tad to much than a tad under and chase a micro/macro deficiency later on....just m.o

But I get the shifty neighbors.... Don't worry about the picz... They look fine don't stress to much. :headbanger:

So your in coco so I cannot speak to much about it....but I always give my ladies a bit extra nutes.... Id rather have a tad to much than a tad under and chase a micro/macro deficiency later on....just m.o

But I get the shifty neighbors.... Don't worry about the picz... They look fine don't stress to much. :headbanger:
thanks bud will keep them the same feed i was just worried about slowing flower development like u say deficiency is worse thanks much appreciated

you shouldnt be over 500 at this stage of the plants life. unfortunately, starting with a 400ppm sucks. I would try to get under 900 if possible.

im a complete idiot my ec is 1.2 not 1200ppm i thought 1.2 ec was 1200ppm. 1200ppm is 2.4ec i use a blue lab truncheon my tap water is 250ppm
well, your not in danger zone, thats a good number. But definitely nute burn, or start of it anyways.
you feed-water-feed-water or Feed, feed, feed, feed?

Hiya :ciao:
They look good mate, but not lovin' it
'Watering to run off' is misleading, since you may just be creating a river through the desert rather than raining on the forest
Coco will disperse water perfectly if you give it plenty, little by little, but has to be kept damp to do that for the same reason a damp sponge soaks up water better than a dry one (surface tension broken on contact)
My pots are 10L in a tray of perlite so they get 1L in the perlite, 1L Feed on the top, then run through with another L 1/2 hour later
Test: I pour a little water in the bottom of the tray; if it is immediately absorbed there are dry spots at the bottom of the pot so I keep topping up until it slows
Your plants would benefit a [P]K boost, this line of nutes was not designed for autos
I occasionally add 1-2ml GroSure 5-3-8
chunky-skunk-early-flower.JPG

im a complete idiot my ec is 1.2 not 1200ppm i thought 1.2 ec was 1200ppm. 1200ppm is 2.4ec i use a blue lab truncheon my tap water is 250ppm

That depends on which conversion factor you use (there are three) when calculating "PPM" from measured EC. Which is pointless, anyway, unless your solution only has ONE type of salt in it. Otherwise, the "PPM" number won't be accurate. It's like... You've got five different piles of elements, each of which have a different density/weight. You cannot chuck them all into a sack and then learn how much of each you've got in there by weighing the whole. You cannot even learn what the total number of items is by that method.

In a mixed solution, this kind of thing is only useful in the very broadest sense, e.g., "there's a lot of stuff in there," "that's a pretty weak solution," or "oops, I forgot to add nutrients."

A recent water quality/contents test and the calculator on the manufacturer's website is much more useful, IMHO.

A friend used to work at a municipal wastewater treatment plant, and he measured total dissolved solids via a highly accurate method - he would take a sample, flash-dry it, then weigh the actual solid content on a scale that had a .00001-gram accuracy (was on either a huge marble or granite table, by itself, in a glass case (so the air movement from someone walking by wouldn't change the reading, lol), that had isolators on the bottom of the table legs so that the vibrations of people walking across the concrete floor wouldn't change the reading. But even that method couldn't be used to determine the specific content (how much of what thing) that the sample contained.

Yet people place so much emphasis on measuring this thing, for some reason. . . .

Hiya :ciao:
They look good mate, but not lovin' it
'Watering to run off' is misleading, since you may just be creating a river through the desert rather than raining on the forest
Coco will disperse water perfectly if you give it plenty, little by little, but has to be kept damp to do that for the same reason a damp sponge soaks up water better than a dry one (surface tension broken on contact)
My pots are 10L in a tray of perlite so they get 1L in the perlite, 1L Feed on the top, then run through with another L 1/2 hour later
Test: I pour a little water in the bottom of the tray; if it is immediately absorbed there are dry spots at the bottom of the pot so I keep topping up until it slows
Your plants would benefit a [P]K boost, this line of nutes was not designed for autos
I occasionally add 1-2ml GroSure 5-3-8
chunky-skunk-early-flower.JPG
hi pal i have some pk here will give a small dose. i only feed once a day because i hand feed and it would cost a fortune on nutes canna boost is 50 pound a ltr i need to get a large bucket so i can drip feed and recuirculate wont be able untill next time i will try feed from bottom 10 hours after normal feed see if it absorbs it also i checked ph coming out it was 3.5 is that right i red salt build up will higher ph as its salty

That depends on which conversion factor you use (there are three) when calculating "PPM" from measured EC. Which is pointless, anyway, unless your solution only has ONE type of salt in it. Otherwise, the "PPM" number won't be accurate. It's like... You've got five different piles of elements, each of which have a different density/weight. You cannot chuck them all into a sack and then learn how much of each you've got in there by weighing the whole. You cannot even learn what the total number of items is by that method.

In a mixed solution, this kind of thing is only useful in the very broadest sense, e.g., "there's a lot of stuff in there," "that's a pretty weak solution," or "oops, I forgot to add nutrients."

A recent water quality/contents test and the calculator on the manufacturer's website is much more useful, IMHO.

A friend used to work at a municipal wastewater treatment plant, and he measured total dissolved solids via a highly accurate method - he would take a sample, flash-dry it, then weigh the actual solid content on a scale that had a .00001-gram accuracy (was on either a huge marble or granite table, by itself, in a glass case (so the air movement from someone walking by wouldn't change the reading, lol), that had isolators on the bottom of the table legs so that the vibrations of people walking across the concrete floor wouldn't change the reading. But even that method couldn't be used to determine the specific content (how much of what thing) that the sample contained.

Yet people place so much emphasis on measuring this thing, for some reason. . . .
the only nute i use that raises ec is canna a and b boost does nothing and rhizotonic does nothing to ec last grow i didnt lose a single leaf using truncheon before using truncheon i lost an awful lot of leaves it defo works i see where your coming from though as i said that boost and rhizotonic does nothing to ec so i could od them on one of them i think i no what i done it was my first feed of boost i gave 3/4 of the recommended dose for photoperiods far to much this is my first time with autoflowers learning as i go along im so happy i can go on internet and order whatever i fancy as i can grow from seed now thanks to the help from this brilliant website thanks all

Back
Top Bottom