Nutrients for higher yield, potency, taste and smell

We started to notice the most increase in yield and quality when we switched to a "nutrient profile" using mineral based nutrients. This was specifically done for DWC or RDWC Hydroponics but would work for other media as well.

Forget the snake oils, use a good mineral based formula like the bloom formula from Dyna Gro is awesome and very cost effective.

House & Garden Aqua Flakes tested very well also......

Not real fond of the premixes like one poster mentioned that already contain all nutrients already....hard to predict the future for starters and I like to be able to control and adjust the feeding regiment along the way to harvest....letting the plants guide me. Good for beginners I guess maybe....

Once you go with a preloaded soil mix, your stuck with watch you got unless you resort to costly and stressful transplants, and even then, what a pain. Not my cookie anyhow....

I have also yet to try a premix that could hang with the explosive growth of a semi-aggressive feed schedule with good quality mineral based formula's.....

Cheers!

I'm very interested in your opinion because everything you've wrote seems truth. I've been using AN 3 part ph and am loomking to save money. Do you have a suggestion because of your research on a nutrient solution? if so I'd like to hear your entire cycle method that worked best. been rezsearching this for a while, haven't heard any very good ideas. I run a couple 1,000 watt hps / mh hid lights, dozen 5 gallon dwc buckets in 10 inch netpots filled w hydroton in a 75'F climate controlled room. Don't like paying extra for the ph perfect an but can't decide on a better formula, everyone has an agenda on most forums.

i used baby milk with some biobizz grow lol.... best buds ive grown yet , so far so good , im excited about this one experiment going the way i want so far

Check my sig below , reg veg clone ,

heres a picture
P1050944.JPG

however funny that is and possibly the most awesome thing I seen today besides the piece of ass I scored earlier, lol, I have several cancer patients who very much depend on me for medicine. Especially since most of them are poor and I don't charge $. I split the costs of my costs between them. So I can't take a chance with baby milk brother. LOL like I said, awesome tho...

i used baby milk with some biobizz grow lol.... best buds ive grown yet , so far so good , im excited about this one experiment going the way i want so far

Check my sig below , reg veg clone ,

heres a picture
P1050944.JPG

oh and ive got 5 re-veg clones I took off 2 plants a week before I harvested them and wait till you see the rootballs on these after 10 days. best part, everyday they've been growing or rooting they release that awesome freshly budded plant smell I love!! and ppl said they wudn't root.. lol

You can dramatically improve the taste and smell of your buds by increasing the levels of terpenes and terpenoids they contain. Maintain a low humidity in the flowering stage. Give plants 2-3 days of complete darkness right before harvesting and water plants with ice water 2-7 days before harvest. Grow in composted soil. Avoid Mold. And also, be gentle with your buds.

I read a study where plants were given 24 hours of darkness before harvest and plants were not given a period of darkness before harvest. Both plants cannabinoids were tested and were nearly identical, the myth of giving your plants a period of darkness before harvest has been debunked.

i threw some plants away ( hermie seeds i thought ) , down at the end of my garden in a rubbish pile and went by the other day and seen the little dudes trying to flower lol they must have rooted down there among the dead soil ect ,

I know its crazy how hardcore weed plants can be, and hear I am still trying to figure out a special nutrient combo to better grow a weed! lol Just sems like 7 grams of maxi bloom only is a little to easy! lol

You can dramatically improve the taste and smell of your buds by increasing the levels of terpenes and terpenoids they contain. Maintain a low humidity in the flowering stage. Give plants 2-3 days of complete darkness right before harvesting and water plants with ice water 2-7 days before harvest. Grow in composted soil. Avoid Mold. And also, be gentle with your buds.

thanks for the info!! much appreciated!! You ever use any simple two part + a few additives nutrient schedule?

I've never seen or noticed a difference either. I always get the room as cold as I can night of harvest and pick right before lights are supposed to go on, sometimes waiting 20 hours. It does add a heavy layer of trichomes for sure which is why all outdoor people pick at the crack of dawn. It was explained to me that the plants use / make the trichomes to protect against the cold? never researched if that was true but you can clearly see the huge difference when you pick after making your room as close to cold late October right before the sun comes up weather. Do you have any suggestions on a cheaper nutrient solution since you were member of the year. I been using AN 3 part perfect ph for years and am looking to something cheaper. All input is appreciated.

btw, I grpw in 5 gallon DWC bucket system, no soil here.

thanks for the info!! much appreciated!! You ever use any simple two part + a few additives nutrient schedule?

You're welcome :;): It's only based on my experience. I'm still researching for new ideas about taking care of my buds. And yeah, I used a few additives nutrient carefully and especially when plants are sick.

I've never seen or noticed a difference either. I always get the room as cold as I can night of harvest and pick right before lights are supposed to go on, sometimes waiting 20 hours. It does add a heavy layer of trichomes for sure which is why all outdoor people pick at the crack of dawn. It was explained to me that the plants use / make the trichomes to protect against the cold? never researched if that was true but you can clearly see the huge difference when you pick after making your room as close to cold late October right before the sun comes up weather. Do you have any suggestions on a cheaper nutrient solution since you were member of the year. I been using AN 3 part perfect ph for years and am looking to something cheaper. All input is appreciated.

I use General Hydroponics Flora series 3 part nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used with hydroponic, soil and soiless mediums.

(click the photographs for direct links to the products)

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

https://www.growitbest.com general hydroponics Flora series performance pack

If you are looking to increase trichome production I use 3 products that have worked very well for me in flowering.

I use Snow Storm Ultra as a foliar spray at 1.25 millilitres per litre in flower every 7-10 days and discontinue use 1 week before harvest.

I will only spray Snow Storm Ultra just before the lights go off for the darkness phase of flowering.

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products)

https://emeraldtriangle.biz

I also use General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom and KoolBloom Dry in flower.

I use General Hydroponics Liquid KoolBloom at 2.5-5 millilitres per gallon from the start of flower until 3 weeks prior to harvest then use General Hydroponics KoolBloom Dry for 2 weeks at 1/4 teaspoon or 1.25 millilitres per gallon and discontinue use 3-5 days prior to harvest.

You can see these products in use and the results in my KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal and Review.

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Dominator 2x Soil Indoor Grow Journal & Review

GENERAL HYDROPONICS: KoolBloom

I am also using these 2 products in my current Grow Journal and Reviews

KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

KingJohnC's Green Sun LED Lights Znet4 Aeroponic Indoor Grow Journal & Review

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

the dude running the baby formula, I chatted a little with him and he wasn't crazy, he was totally right when he explained that formula is power packed with minerals etc. I never even thought about it until he explained. LOL its genius.

Back
Top Bottom