Nutrients schedule

Newbie grower

420 Member
Hi there Growers, I’m typing all the way from South Africa, basically I’m researching on making my own nutrients instead of buying already mixed nutes, based in SA we don’t have much of a variety and what we do have costs too much, so I’m looking for some guidance on how to go about mixing my own, how important are the micro elements? I’ve heard about nutrient block when mixing nutes in the incorrect order. My grow medium is 5l soil 5l coco peat 3l wet perlite 1.6l vermiculite and I use bone meal as slow release nutes, I’m using a 600W COB grow light for indoor growing. the soil I used have no fertilizer in it. I would truly appreciate any help and guidance to point me in the right direction. Thanks

I'm in SEA and have similar problems .........

I'd forget the soil and the vermiculite.
And just grow (hydro) in 70% coco + 30% Perlite, forget slow release and feed 1/4 nutes every day.

What do you think Vermiculite is for?
I think it's a soil topping to deter fungus gnats (and a medium for keeping germinating seeds damp).
If you keep your cannabis roots constantly damp, they will rot.
But if you have fungus gnats, you can still put a thin layer on top.

I'm in SEA and have similar problems .........

I'd forget the soil and the vermiculite.
And just grow (hydro) in 70% coco + 30% Perlite, forget slow release and feed 1/4 nutes every day.

What do you think Vermiculite is for?
I think it's a soil topping to deter fungus gnats (and a medium for keeping germinating seeds damp).
If you keep your cannabis roots constantly damp, they will rot.
But if you have fungus gnats, you can still put a thin layer on top.
Hi @SarahJane211 thanks for your response, I have thought about going that route but not right now, I need to develop my own nutrient formula before proceeding, hence my initail msg to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom